Some LiFePO4 Battery Testing Results Manual and Automated by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every year I test my two LiFePO4 batteries to gauge how long they will last during a flight. I decided to open the field a bit and also tested some soaring friend's batteries. You can read about my simple cheap manual process (later automated - see below) here ...
by Tango Eight Go to last post
29 319 Soaring
Securing an oxygen bottle by Ian Kennedy
To save re-inventing the wheel, whats the best way of securing the oxygen bottle within its fitting in an LS3? Any suggestions welcome. TIA Ian K
Today 11:21 AM
by Ian Kennedy Go to last post
2 20 Soaring
Jonker JS4 Details by Paul T[_4_]
https://jonkersailplanes.co.za/js4/
Today 11:08 AM
by Paul T[_4_] Go to last post
5 22 Soaring
A Different Battery Question by Dan Marotta
I've been using a 20 AH LiFePO4 battery as a backup in the Stemme. It's portable and secured behind the passenger seat.* I charge it outside of the aircraft.* When used, it is connected through an DPST switch (only one half used) and switches the tail battery out of the system as it's...
by krasw Go to last post
14 54 Soaring
Yahoo groups shutting down by Luke Szczepaniak
Looks like yahoo groups are shutting down https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html "Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all...
Today 06:26 AM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
3 31 Soaring
Jonker JS4 Details by Paul T[_4_]
https://jonkersailplanes.co.za/js4/
Today 05:25 AM
by Paul T[_4_] Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Pawnee sealed struts needed by Charles Longley
Putting it out there on the off chance someone has a set of sealed struts for a Pawnee 260 squirreled away.
Today 03:49 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
0 12 Soaring
?s Towing Cross Country by Chris Kinnaman
Hello all, I'm getting ready to tow a glider from central Illinois to the southwest. Does anyone have any suggestions for motels that allow easy access & parking for a tow vehicle w/glider trailer in the Springfield MO area or thereabouts? Thanks in advance, Chris
Today 02:35 AM
by Chris Kinnaman Go to last post
7 27 Soaring
History Question About U.S. Tasking by [email protected]
Does anyone recall when U.S. contests (especially nationals) evolved from "announce the task at the morning pilots' meeting and fly it no matter what" to the more enlightened "Task A and B (and C and D...) and pick one--or define another--on the grid or even in the air"? I can't recall whether this...
Flight manual format by JS[_5_]
Just noticed that European flight manuals share the same format. No, they aren't called a POH. For example, DG1000S, Duo Discus and ASH26E manuals all have airspeed indicator markings in section 2.3. Handy. Jim
Today 12:16 AM
by AS Go to last post
1 18 Soaring
2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll Now Open by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
US contest pilots. The 2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll is now open and will remain open through October 20, 2019. You must be on the SSA Pilot Ranking List to participate. We look forward to your input. You can access the poll online at:...
DG Gliders Yahoo group is moving to groups.io by [email protected]
For those interested in DG gliders, the DG Gliders Yahoo group is moving to groups.io. Yahoo is about to shut down access to Yahoo Groups. In anticipation of that, a new DG Gliders user group has been created at groups.io. If you're interested in Glaser-Dirks gliders, come on over and take a look....
?s Towing Cross Country by Chris Kinnaman
Hello all, I'm getting ready to tow a glider from central Illinois to the southwest. Does anyone have any suggestions for motels that allow easy access & parking for a tow vehicle w/glider trailer in the Springfield MO area or thereabouts? Thanks in advance, Chris
Yesterday 10:57 PM
by Chris Kinnaman Go to last post
0 20 Soaring
FES Possibilty by [email protected]
Message to me from LZ: I would like to inform you that we have a possibility to retrofit 2-3 ASW27/29 during this winter. We are willing to help with organizing and coordinating the joint transport and customs procedures connected to sending the fuselages to us and back. The transportation would...
Brokerage fee by [email protected]
I'm working on the sale of a glider from a deceased club member for his estate. The estate has no idea how to sell a glider and what level of effort is involved. What is a fair brokerage fee (percentage) to handle the transaction for them? I plan on putting the glider on several websites and...
by John Foster Go to last post
22 92 Soaring
Crows? by Colin Roney
I`m searching for good ideas how to deter crows from landing on my glider, which is picketted out during the season, from wrecking my weather covers?
Yesterday 05:00 PM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post