Search: Posts made by: Skypilot
Forum: Soaring September 9th 18, 10:14 PM
Posted By Skypilot
The Airforce Cadets Pawnee in Warwick Queensland...

The Airforce Cadets Pawnee in Warwick Queensland Australia has just had a new engine and new engine monitoring system installed. If you pm me or email me I can get you in contact with the pilot who...
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 18, 10:06 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi Dan, all understood, all of the technology is...

Hi Dan, all understood, all of the technology is here now other than the small high capacitance cheap batteries. We have Tesla’s, GP15’s, self launch Libelle’s and in my and your...
Forum: Soaring September 2nd 18, 10:08 PM
Posted By Skypilot
I find all this stuff sexy, in Australia we all...

I find all this stuff sexy, in Australia we all live in a bit of a fantasy of energy, we export our LPG, Coal and Oil like it’s going out of fashion and the “green” movements of our...
Forum: Soaring June 3rd 18, 09:08 AM
Posted By Skypilot
I just bought a SZD55 with a digital altimeter...

I just bought a SZD55 with a digital altimeter and a LX9000. First thing I did was put a new Winter 57mm altimeter in it. Main reason was insurance payout is you break it outlanding, second reason...
Forum: Soaring April 13th 18, 12:05 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi a John, I did the same thing with a Phoebus...

Hi a John, I did the same thing with a Phoebus C. They are fairly bulletproof and easy to work on, we have given ours away for free to young pilots to build time on. They go pretty well cross...
Forum: Soaring September 28th 17, 10:13 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi mate, you can't go wrong with a B700. Although...

Hi mate, you can't go wrong with a B700. Although I am not a gun pilot I have run B700's in my last two gliders. Coincidentally they have both run next two a B800 and B500 all singing all dancing...
Forum: Soaring November 23rd 16, 09:00 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Thanks JJ

Thanks

JJ
Forum: Soaring November 22nd 16, 09:57 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Speed Astir flap speeds

Hi Guys,

One of our club members has just bought a beautiful Speed Astir.

Does anyone have an idea of speed to fly flap settings or did Dick Johnson ever do a test on one. Most of the other flapped...
Forum: Soaring August 10th 16, 10:12 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi mate, I got a very thorough briefing prior...

Hi mate,

I got a very thorough briefing prior to my repaint.

Once you have finished all your prep work you wash it down with water and a cream cleanser.
I bought three bottles of Jiff, in Oz it's...
Forum: Soaring July 30th 16, 01:06 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi Bruce, There is one for sale here in Oz, the...

Hi Bruce,

There is one for sale here in Oz, the owner is a nice bloke and am sure he will be able to help.

http://www.sailplanes.co

Justin
Forum: Soaring July 1st 16, 11:25 AM
Posted By Skypilot
I used a high quality marine paint called...

I used a high quality marine paint called shipshape from Norglass

http://www.norglass.com.au/products/shipshape-primer-undercoat

I was recommended by a professional ship farer, I am not sure if...
Forum: Soaring May 15th 16, 12:10 AM
Posted By Skypilot
There are three or four available in Australia, I...

There are three or four available in Australia, I know two of them and they are perfect. One is the current Aussie champion and very nice.

With the dollar the way it is you would be getting a...
Forum: Soaring May 11th 16, 09:51 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi Casey, I am pretty sure the wheels are a PCD...

Hi Casey,

I am pretty sure the wheels are a PCD of 4x100mm. There are a heap of cars in the USA that have that PCD. Miata's/MX5, Vw golfs ect.

It's easy to measure...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 16, 04:26 AM
Posted By Skypilot
QUOTE=Dave Nadler;924639]On Saturday, April 30,...

QUOTE=Dave Nadler;924639]On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 8:43:09 PM UTC-4, Skypilot wrote:
...calibrated to remove gusts and other abnormalities..

"Except that's when a wing stalls..."

I always...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 16, 10:51 PM
Posted By Skypilot
I don't know if using AoA for safety would really...

I don't know if using AoA for safety would really work in a glider unless it was mounted and calibrated to remove gusts and other abnormalities. One idea would be a speed sensor matched with AoA over...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 16, 12:33 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Sent thanks mate

Sent thanks mate
Forum: Soaring April 29th 16, 09:59 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Thanks Frank, I apologise if I have offended...

Thanks Frank, I apologise if I have offended anyone over my insensitivity.

Would anyone have a copy I might view? Or has someone taken on the
distribution.

I will probably need to build a 15-18m...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 16, 10:15 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Luebke trailer plans

Hi all, I know there used to be a link however I can no longer find it.

Has anyone got the link so I can purchase a set.

You can email me at justinjsinclair "the usual...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 16, 10:32 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Kingaroy uses Dittolog, ...

Kingaroy uses Dittolog,

http://www.dittolog.com

It is an awesome system that does everything, we have had very few issues with it. Probably the hardest bit is getting private owners to register...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 16, 11:52 AM
Posted By Skypilot
It's a good thing, the owner is as honest as the...

It's a good thing, the owner is as honest as the day is long. I will up there this Saturday if you need anything

Justin
Forum: Soaring September 22nd 15, 09:57 PM
Posted By Skypilot
It's all good Greg, the fundraising money got...

It's all good Greg, the fundraising money got where it was meant to. I will probably order some of these as well.

If they are not good again we will have to sentence you to 6 months of soaring here...
Forum: Soaring September 22nd 15, 09:44 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Four of my order for the last issue were...

Four of my order for the last issue were incorrect, I got a refund but it was a little disappointing, beware of the colours being wrong.
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 15, 10:19 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Why not just buy a brand new Borgelt.the current...

Why not just buy a brand new Borgelt.the current exchange rate should get you one for $650.00

I can sell you my 57mm B700, one season old $600 USD plus what ever registered post from Brisbane is.
Forum: Soaring March 14th 15, 10:28 PM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi Jim, yep she is still here, I think it's for...

Hi Jim, yep she is still here, I think it's for sale at the moment. There are some details here.

http://www.hart.wattle.id.au/alice/articles.html

To be honest I belive if you can fly a cirrus,...
Forum: Soaring March 13th 15, 10:15 AM
Posted By Skypilot
Hi Mate, I have owned my N2 for 18 months now, I...

Hi Mate,

I have owned my N2 for 18 months now, I guess I have put about 100hrs on it and flown two comps. The sailplane I owned before this one was a Phoebus C. I did a huge amount of research...