Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 26th 12, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Where are VASIs located on a field ?

Where are VASIs located on a field that doesn't have an ILS ? Is it a certain number of feet from end of runway ? Does it depend on runway length ? If you want to land on a short runway when is it...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 12th 09, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Cloud Height Forecast

If I'm thinking about flying somewhere in the northeast and returning
in a few days, it'll be very helpful to know forecast cloud height
three days down the road. Knowing it'll be "cloudy" isn't...
Forum: Owning August 25th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Best Choice for a New Plane

A Cessna 182 is a safe, production aircraft which should be able to
carry four adults, particularly if you only need 250nm worth of fuel
plus and additional hour's worth for safety....
Forum: Owning August 25th 08, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tall Pilot---Would a 7 footer fit in a Piper Archer

Thanks for all your comments. Good point about making sure I can move
the yoke. BTW, I wasn't so clear, I should have written Short Pilot,
Tall passenger !!! I would NOT want to see a 7 footer...
Forum: Owning August 23rd 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tall Pilot---Would a 7 footer fit in a Piper Archer

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I'm just wondering if I can fly with a
friend who's 7 feet even. I'm short so I have no way to estimate
this. Any taller folks care to venture an opinion ?

Thanks
Forum: Owning May 8th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Door Seal for Piper Archer

On May 7, 4:48*pm, Paul kgyy wrote:
On May 7, 7:54 am, wrote:

I have a 1995 Piper Archer which is starting to get loud inside as the
doorseal is...
Forum: Owning May 7th 08, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Door Seal for Piper Archer

I have a 1995 Piper Archer which is starting to get loud inside as the
door seal is getting all worn and cruddy. I looked on the web to buy
new door seals. I did not realize there was such a...
Forum: Owning December 31st 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Removing an ELT to change battery

I have a Piper Archer III and want to change the battery. The ELT is
an Artex 110-4. I can open the panel and found two thumbscrews which
only remove the cap of the ELT, I can also remove the BNC...