Clubs Still Flying List by [email protected]
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and...
by Senna Van den Bosch Go to last post
12 29 Soaring
Neo Winglets for LS6b and LS7 now available by [email protected]
Link to the German DG website: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/dg-flugzeugbau-news/dg-flugzeugbau-service/60268
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
by Don Johnstone[_4_] Go to last post
91 182 Soaring
Solo 2350D won't start by BillT
Our Duo's turbo has suddenly stopped working. It spins up ok at 55Kt when decompressed & continues windmilling when the decompression is released. The engine starts after 2 - 3 seconds, runs for 2 seconds then cuts out. After 1 - 2 seconds it starts again & the sequence is repeated. It's as if the...
by 2G Go to last post
24 99 Soaring
Buying glider from an estate - maintenance logs not available by son_of_flubber
What do you do when the executor of an estate is willing but unable to provide the maintenance logs for a glider that you are trying to buy? Any other tips on buying a glider from an estate?
4 16 Soaring
Much Ado About Nothing by Dan Marotta
To lift a title from The Bard and, since there's not much else going on these days, and to give homage to Roseanne Roseannadana... What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about CG hooks? My first glider had a nose hook and it was easy to control on launch and tow.* All the rest had CG hooks...
SkySight Tutorials by [email protected]
Hi all, I've put together some light entertainment in the form of SkySight tutorials to pass the time through your inevitable COVID-19 quarantines, or heaven forbid, preparation for the soaring season. You can find the playlist of videos...
Yesterday 10:04 PM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
9 87 Soaring
The Decline of Soaring Awards by John Foster
I read the recent article in Soaring and it has got me fired up. I have been a member of a small club in Washington State for the last 2 years, learning to fly. The club has a 2-33 and a Lark and a Pawnee. That's it. Badge flying has not been an emphasis, even though one qualifies for at...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
67 128 Soaring
Cambridge Flight Recorder GPS-NAV Model 20 & Display & Cables & Disks8/03 on Ebay for sale by [email protected]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-Flight-Recorder-GPS-NAV-Model-20-Display-Cables-Disks-8-03-Calib/202949800202 Is it worth $100 or more or less?? It works as it turns on like is is supposed to.
Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003. by Joseph Calash
In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him. https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487 The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because...
Yesterday 03:11 PM
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post