Search: Posts made by: Indrek Aavisto
Forum: Aviation Photos February 9th 10, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
2 strikes

Great pictures as we have co9me to expect.

There appears to be a wire from the tailplane to the trailing edge of the
port wing of the lower jet. Any idea what it is for: or is it an artifact in...
Forum: Aviation Photos January 28th 10, 11:37 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Britain Between the Wars, concluded - Vickers Wellington 01.jpg (1/1)

This one looks like the prototype.

Thanks for posting these series. I , for one find them very interesting.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Forum: Aviation Photos January 22nd 10, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto

HP Mitchell Holman added these comments in the current discussion du
HP jour ...

Attachment decoded: 004 Index.jpg
`
HP Nice series you've been posting, Mitchell. Please refresh my...
Forum: Aviation Photos January 16th 10, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Air Park In Winter 3

PT In message , Steven
PT writes
"Canuck" wrote in
:

It is a...
Forum: Aviation Photos January 15th 10, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
snow problems in UK - 2 attachments

JS Hijacked some photos from the BBC.

JS appears that the North East Aircraft Museum's Vulcan exhibit XL319
JS at
JS Sunderland has a slight snow load..

It looks though it wants to take off....
Forum: Aviation Photos December 1st 09, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Sabre-Aussie style

Wow, what a great shot!

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill
Forum: Aviation Photos November 27th 09, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

:

GiO this one actually made the cut at airliners.net (of course I've
GiO had a
GiO couple hundred rejected too... )

Very nice too!

I wish I could afford a lens that could do as well. My...
Forum: Aviation Photos November 21st 09, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Cessna 337 [386 of 386] "zsmdh.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

There are some good images here, but 386 in one flood is a bit much to
absorb.

I think people would appreciate a series of smaller batches. Also I expect
you may receive some flak about using Yenc...
Forum: Aviation Photos October 31st 09, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Where'd everybody go?

C "Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in
C :

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:01:10 -0400, "Indrek Aavisto"
Forum: Aviation Photos October 29th 09, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
ID of British aircraft

D Folks,

D I downloaded this photo from this list a few days ag and have not
D been able
D to ID it.

D Could anyone help. Please.

D TIA
Forum: Aviation Photos October 26th 09, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Sorry about the flood

Absolutely nothing to be sory abiout. I, for one, enjoyed seeing the
pictures.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill
Forum: Aviation Photos October 25th 09, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Here is a smaller version

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill
Forum: Aviation Photos October 25th 09, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Very quiet lately. Almost everyone has scarpered, it would seem.

I have attached a picture that I took last winter of a red shoulderd hawk.
It's loosely related to aviation in that the bird does...
Forum: Aviation Photos October 20th 09, 06:54 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
BR Atlantique 2 NG

PlR In French it's "Atlantique"

PlR On 2009-10-20 13:00:19 +0200, Starshiy said:

It seems to be an Br 1150 Atlantic, not an Atlantique
Forum: Aviation Photos October 13th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving....

...to all my Canadian friends on here!

Nick

R Why are Canadians not Americans? They live in America too.

Ahem:
Forum: Aviation Photos October 9th 09, 01:04 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon

Amazing pictures once again.

Thanks for sharing.

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill
Forum: Aviation Photos October 9th 09, 01:02 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Super pictures. You have a good eye, and probably some good equipment.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill
Forum: Aviation Photos October 5th 09, 02:38 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

These are excellent pictures.

I'm wondering why you post many of them in multiple parts, though. The
file
sizes look as though they would be OK without the need to break them
up.

MM I...
Forum: Aviation Photos October 4th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
More miscellaneous PLA aircraft - cn-32.jpg (1/1) [176K]

:

WP I commented on the same plane earlier this week when the first image
WP ot it was posted (see CN-21.jpg) The radar is a little more discrete
WP in the cn-21 image. I do not think it is an...
Forum: Aviation Photos October 4th 09, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Shenyang J-11 wallpaper test - xin_740.jpg [242K]

N On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 14:53:16 +0100, Indrek Aavisto wrote
N (in article ):

These are excellent pictures.

N Glad you like them. All credit, of...
Forum: Aviation Photos October 4th 09, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Shenyang J-11 wallpaper test - xin_740.jpg (3/3) [242K]

These are excellent pictures.

I'm wondering why you post many of them in multiple parts, though. The file
sizes look as though they would be OK without the need to break them up.

Cheers,

Indrek...
Forum: Aviation Photos September 22nd 09, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Vampire, Meteor and Hornet

Excellent!!! I really like the play of light and shadow, which makes for an
atmospheric shot.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill
Forum: Aviation Photos September 20th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

:

AC aavistono (Indrek Aavisto) wrote in news:R-
AC :

begin 644 Catalina DSC_5037.jpg

Attachment decoded: Catalina...
Forum: Aviation Photos September 20th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto
Open House 3

Which Mig is this??? and is it the same type which was used in the 007 movie "Tomorrow Never Dies"?

Think this is an Aero L-39 Albatros

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Forum: Aviation Photos September 20th 09, 02:55 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By Indrek Aavisto

Thanks to everyone who replied with constructive ideas.

I'll have to work on panning technique, and stop using continuous focus.
I'll also experiment with VR on and off. Unfortunately I don't get...