Search: Posts made by: Dan Marotta
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Looking for help with French trailer documents (contactinformation)

VPN...

On 2/19/2020 1:10 PM, wrote:
Le mardi 18 février 2020 16:45:40 UTC+1, Senna Van den Bosch a écrit*:
Op dinsdag 18 februari 2020 13:37:52 UTC+1 schreef...
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Help needed with Flarm cable

Page 12 of the linked document shows the pin configuration of the
cable.* Is that not what you need?* I'm assuming you have the tools and
parts required to make your own cable.

On 2/18/2020 1:48...
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Buy medical marijuana,oil and 💊

Who is this guy - douchebag9607?

On 2/18/2020 5:13 PM, wrote:
We are 420marijuana store dispensary

we supply medical marijuana that
treat:
..cancer,
...glaucoma,
Forum: Soaring February 18th 20, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Mecaplex canopy window lube

Like some before have said, if it used to slide freely and now it
doesn't, it's most likely dirty.* The first logical step is simply to
clean it.

On 2/18/2020 8:28 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 20, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
_Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

Here we go again with "shock cooling" as an excuse.

On 2/13/2020 6:42 PM, George Haeh wrote:
I heard that the C-182 had cylinder problems; possibly delaying the descent after release was being...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 20, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Electronic TE compensation, will this work?

Are you anywhere near Moriarty?* Either Fidel or Robert Mudd could that
work.

On 2/13/2020 8:09 AM, soaringjac wrote:
On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 2:59:36 AM UTC-8, krasw wrote:
Just...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 20, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
_Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

A couple of comments:

A tug circling back at the same altitude is a critical safety risk. I
would say that some towing procedures need to be established and, if it
was the same tow pilot as the...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 20, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
iGlide

Top Hat igc files are acceptable for OLC flights, but not for badges.

On 2/12/2020 6:15 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 2:15:06 PM UTC-5, Ben S wrote:
If you are...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 20, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Glider Towplane Mid-air – TP PowerFLARM Inop

The ABQ soaring club Pawnee has either a Flarm or a transponder.* In any
case, I see it electronically all the time.

On 2/12/2020 11:03 AM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
I think the reverse question is...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 20, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Electronic TE compensation, will this work?

** Caution *** I'm not competing in world contests, just flying for
fun.* That said, it seems to work OK for me.* And it's certainly good
enough for Diamond flights.

And how do you know that...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 20, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
_Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

Point taken, but a soft release is never a good thing from the tow
pilot's perspective.* When flying my glider I seldom released softly but
I always announced, "5J's off, thanks!"

On 2/11/2020...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 20, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
_Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

Did you release the canopy or go through it?

On 2/11/2020 5:15 PM, waremark wrote:
My glider blunted and I was hanging from my straps and fell out as soon as I released the harness. My mohair was...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 20, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Electronic TE compensation, will this work?

In my Stemme I have the ClearNav vario electronically compensated, I
think it's set around 90%, and it uses the fuselage static ports, aft of
the wing, and the pitot tube on the nose.* The...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 20, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
On Electric Aircraft

What a wonderful way to spend a snowy morning, discussing the weight of
a full versus an empty battery!

What if we talked in terms of mass instead of weight? :-D

Seriously, I got a lot of...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 20, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
_Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

True, but that's why my initial question was whether or not an attempt
was made to exit the aircraft, e.g., unlatched canopies or harnesses.*
The posted report made no mention of either yet it did...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 20, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
On Electric Aircraft

And who outside of the media did not understand that?

On 2/10/2020 3:28 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
kinsell wrote on 2/10/2020 7:59 AM:
On 2/10/20 8:43 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
A couple of very...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 20, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
_Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

When I was towing, I would visually confirm that the glider was off and
then roll steeply and dive.* If I hadn't felt the glider get off, I
would fly straight and level for a bit to assure...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 20, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Glider Towplane Mid-air – TP PowerFLARM Inop

Once the initial negative G of the pitch over passed, the vertical
descent is essentially a zero G situation.* It should be really easy to
get unstrapped and out.* Perhaps it was simply denial of...
Forum: Soaring February 10th 20, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Glider Towplane Mid-air – TP PowerFLARM Inop

What a tragic waste of lives.* The report mentioned that both occupants
of the glider were wearing parachutes, but there's no mention of any
attempt to bail out.* Is that an oversight in the...
Forum: Soaring February 10th 20, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
glider canopy

Fidel, of course! :-D

On 2/10/2020 10:36 AM, Morris Carter wrote:
best way to trim a new canopy and best glue to use to attach to fiberglass
frame

--
Dan, 5J
Forum: Soaring February 10th 20, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I got my first glider flight and soloed there 5 flights later.

From AVWEB...
Forum: Soaring February 10th 20, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
On Electric Aircraft

A couple of very good perspectives HERE...
Forum: Soaring February 6th 20, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Aero Club Albatross | Risky Ridges! | Seminar Videos

I don't understand the part about not linking videos on RAS.

I copied the youtube link to the first video on your site, highlighted
the text, VIDEO, below, pressed Ctrl-K, and pasted the youtube...
Forum: Soaring February 6th 20, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Glider electrics etc

On GPS antennae, for what it's worth:

I opened a GPS puck antenna used for my PowerFlarm Portable, unsoldered
the wires, cut the coax to the required length and soldered the center
conductor and...
Forum: Soaring February 5th 20, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Looking for a parachute, wing stand and a one-man rigger

My LAK-17a required two height settings, low for pushing the wings home
and high for setting the pins.* I simply marked those settings with a
Sharpie.* I don't think drilling holes for safety...