How did you install your FLARM brick and/or ADS-B Out? by [email protected]
Is it powered direct or by another instrument? Did you install a dedicated fuse? Did you install a dedicated off/on switch or is it slaved? Do you use a dedicated GPS antennae or split with another instrument. Do you ever have the in-flight need to turn it off? If you have...
Ventus 3 Sport fuselage by [email protected]
Considering a Ventus 3 FES, which of course comes with the Sport fuselage. I’m 6’ in height and 170 lbs, pretty slender - can anyone with first hand experience speak to the size/comfort I would likely experience in this ship?
Today 09:55 AM
by Jonathon May Go to last post
4 19 Soaring
Gliding risk.... by [email protected]
For those who haven’t seen it.... https://chessintheair.com/the-risk-of-dying-doing-what-we-love/
by 2G Go to last post
95 630 Soaring
Today Hook for Callair A-9B by [email protected]
Anyone have a Callair with a Tost Hook installed? Trying to find examples and paperwork to install. Thanks.
soaring discussion forums and groups etc. by [email protected][_2_]
I thought it might be useful to list all the soaring related discussion groups in one place, it is hard to find all the aircraft specific email lists if you don't know where to look. Please add your group to this...
Today 06:25 AM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
4 57 Soaring
Kestrel DG200 canopy mod. by Bruce
OK Anyone out there with experience in converting the T59D / 401 Kestrel canopy from the awful removable thing with a hoop exactly where you want to watch the tug, to a single piece. Apparently there is an approved mod using a DG200 canopy. Second question is - would there be anyone with such...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
39 1,965 Soaring
Portable TABS coming to the USA? by son_of_flubber
Is portable TABS (non 2020 compliant ADS-B-out) coming to the USA in 2020? This unit looks a lot like portable TABS. https://uavionix.com/products/skyecho/ It also implements FLARM, and I think that would need to be disabled in the USA. The price point looks right.
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
14 49 Soaring
Put your money where the risk is by Bret Hess
The discussion "Gliding risk" has been excellent for the most part. To me the most compelling thoughts are about gradually getting conditioned to taking increasing risks ("normalization of deviance"), that experience is a curse as well as a blessing, and that fatalities are just the apex of a...
by BobW Go to last post