Search: Posts made by: Mxsmanic
Forum: Piloting August 29th 12, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Last of the old, bold pilots

gpsman writes:

Leeward's age, 74, was not found to be a factor in the crash.

A very important detail, given the amount of age discrimination that one
sometimes encounters in aviation circles.
Forum: Piloting August 15th 12, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Density altitude strikes again

Dudley Henriques writes:

What has piqued our interest isn't what's obvious but rather
how this pilot ignored so many visual cues and performance cues
during the takeoff run, all of which...
Forum: Piloting August 12th 12, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Density altitude strikes again

Mike Adams writes:

This accident received huge mainstream media coverage featuring in-cockpit
video recordings. Here's one of them:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=835_1344412426

If it...
Forum: Piloting August 11th 12, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Density altitude strikes again

NTSB report (preliminary): WPR12LA283

June 30, 2012
N773C Stinson 108
Bruce Meadows Airport, Stanley Idado
Airport elevation 6370 feet
Temperature 27 C
1 crew, 3 passengers
Forum: Piloting August 10th 12, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

writes:

Arm waving response with zero content as expected.

If you can't stop talking about me, join my fan club. This isn't the place for
it.

If you have something...
Forum: Piloting August 10th 12, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

writes:

I notice you keep talking about "reports" that are neither named nor
quoted.

Google is your friend. They are all available online, and they are...
Forum: Piloting August 10th 12, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

writes:

And just where was that, exactly?

If you've read all the reports, as I have, you know that the constant
extensions of maintenance intervals ultimately resulted...
Forum: Piloting August 10th 12, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Density altitude strikes again

A brand-new video showing a small airplane crash from inside the aircraft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDu0jYiz-v8

The video claims that a combination of density altitude and an "air...
Forum: Piloting August 9th 12, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

Bert writes:

But it's from The Government, so it must be good.

I think that was essentially what Alaska Airlines has claimed in both cases,
but the argument rings a bit hollow, especially to next...
Forum: Piloting August 9th 12, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

JohnT writes:

But the FAA said it was safe to fly.

The FAA approved the maintenance delays back in 2000, too. And look where that
led. Just because the FAA doesn't forbid something doesn't make...
Forum: Piloting August 2nd 12, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

Morgans writes:

And we still have people responding to MX. Any response to his posts assure
his continued presence, which will surely result in the same ending as last
time. Complete...
Forum: Piloting August 1st 12, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

Ricky writes:

You haven't changed one bit in that decade. Herein lies your problem,
Mxsmanic.

If you are interested in talking about me, join my fan club and worship me
there. This group is not...
Forum: Piloting July 26th 12, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

Martin Hotze writes:

... and you did all the best to help destroy the climate in this group.

I'm afraid not. It was the kiddies that drove people out of the group, and I'm
not a kid.
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

writes:

And you know this how?

Because I actually do know how GPS works. And I know from questioning pilots
and from reading accident reports that most pilots don't know...
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

writes:

The temptation can be strong to strangle some ass hole that really ****es
one off but most people are able to resist the temptation to commit a
crime.

They...
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

writes:

The point MX misses is that there is no such thing as a Nav device certified
for VFR flight other than the Mark I eyeball and a chart; everything else
is...
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

Andy Hawkins writes:

Dependence? Assuming VFR flight, then all these 'uncertified' gizmos are
just backup for traditional Nav.

The temptation can be strong to use backup as primary.
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

John Clear writes:

I wouldn't call an Mx an old timer. He was only around for the last
bit of the life of this group.

If you mean me, I've been posting to this group for a decade.
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

Vaughn writes:

My flight bag literally bulges with non-certified gizmos. I still carry
my trusty aviation GPS, but when I find the right GPS app for my pad it
will float to the dusty bottom...
Forum: Piloting July 15th 12, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Beechcraft made in China

george152 writes:

I'll bet that your world has the Made in China trademark all over it.

Quite so, but that doesn't mean that the Chinese developed the technology that
they are using to make...
Forum: Piloting July 14th 12, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Beechcraft made in China

george152 writes:

Chinese technology is as good as anywhere else.

In part because a lot of it comes directly from the United States, both
legally and illegally.
Forum: Piloting July 10th 12, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Beechcraft made in China

Hawker Beech has been sold to a Chinese aviation company. My guess is that, in
ten years, there won't be anything American about Beech except the name, if
even that is retained.
Forum: Piloting June 23rd 12, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
NTSB: Cockpit weather displays could mislead private pilots

http://us.cnn.com/2012/06/22/travel/pilots-weather-displays/index.html
Forum: Piloting May 29th 12, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Please ignore Mx

Dudley Henriques writes:

It's strange I know, but I'm one of those "pilots" who when
everything was considered, really never had any serious problems
with you.

You are more civil than most,...
Forum: Piloting May 29th 12, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Mxsmanic
Please ignore Mx

Nomen Nescio writes:

I don't know MX, but he seems to be surrounded by fools who expect
blind acceptance of opinions (expressed as fact), as opposed to using
good logic or sound math.

Most...