LiFePo Refit Part 23 AC by Shaun Wheeler
SLA needs replacement and aircraft is part 23 utility. A LiFePo in the same foot print would be great, I definitely see folks using them and no less than three online stores selling them. So I started looking at AC 20-184 which seems to be the FAA equivalent of trial by ordeal. Okay, I get it....
Today 02:31 AM
by Shaun Wheeler Go to last post
8 37 Soaring
A couple SSA 2020 convention presentations online... by Dave Nadler
First thanks to the volunteers who helped with recording, and thanks to Spence for his work on the first presentation. Sorry I didn't manage a better job with the audio. Anyway, the talks a 1) Bail-Out Aftermath — Lessons Learned. 2) OSTIV: Motor-glider Unreliability: Examples, Systemic...
Today 02:24 AM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
8 46 Soaring
For Sale: Brand new Nano4 Flight recorder by [email protected]
We bought this unit new from Wheels & wings & never used it. It comes in the original box with all of the accessories. We have sold our glider & no longer need this unit. Asking $650.00 or best offer. Located in WA state & buyer pays shipping. Thanks!
Pawnee Tow Release by Bob Youngblood
I am currently rebuilding another Pawnee and converting from a spray plane to a tow plane. Extensive work has been completed on this bird, and I am about ready to install the tow hook. This is the third Pawnee that I have converted and I have used the hopper dump handle as the tow release handle...
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
35 499 Soaring
Cobra Trailer Fuselage Dolly Strap by [email protected]
Anyone have advice for replacing the fuselage dolly strap for a cobra trailer? I got an estimate from Spindelberger and it's reasonable for the strap but the shipping is a bit much. Also, what's the best method to make the holes into the strap for attaching to the dolly? Thanks David
If I Was Mayor of Saskatoon (Part Three) –By Daryl Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Was Mayor of Saskatoon (Part Three) –By Daryl Kabatoff All fertility cults are worthy of being mocked, and allowing this mockery to continue is vital to maintaining a free and democratic society. Doukhobors faced brutal persecution in Russia then came to Canada and faced additional...
Yesterday 10:20 PM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 4 Home Built
ELY 2020 by [email protected]
Good news for Ely soaring fans. First, great thanks to Keith for providing his Cessna and arranging tow pilot. Towing service in Ely will be available from June 29 until July 18 for 10 pilots. Reservation fee is 150 $ per week. Weekly increments only. Towing cost will be based per tach time,...
For Sale: 3 Wings & Wheels wing stands by [email protected]
We sold our glider so longer need these wing stands. They have been used 6 times & appear new. We are asking $350.00 for the set. Buyer will pay shipping from WA state. Thanks! Pictures available on request.
Soaring Contest Site Website Design by Christopher Schrader[_2_]
I just wanted to offer the R6N.org as a possible template for future soaring contest sites' websites. This website was created by my wife using Weebly (who hosts the site too). I keep the domain current and pointed at the R6N homepage. It's by no means perfect, and needs updating but it's a good...
Yesterday 08:02 PM
by Tom BravoMike Go to last post
2 14 Soaring
Lasher Renegade Formula V racer Information by Curtis Scholl
For anyone who knows: I have the plans for a Lasher Renegade, a VW powered Formula V race plane that I plan on using for sport flying. I was given them in 1980 and they have been gathering dust while I support my children. Now at 50 years old, I am finally getting my chance. Unfortunately for me,...
1 775 Home Built
Crazies At The Gliderport by Bob Youngblood
I recently thought that I had seen it all until someone informed me that a guy was taking his dog for a glider ride. Now please understand I love dogs, have a wonderful Yellow Lab and treat her like our kid. Really never thought dogs and planes went well together, but what in the world would any...
by BobW Go to last post
19 80 Soaring
Cobra trailer tail skids by BobWa43
Has anyone installed the Cobra trailer skids sold by Wings and Wheels? Any info on how to properly place the threaded backing plates is appreciated.
Mike Westbrook Downwind Dash by Tony[_5_]
Mike made a nice flight today from Texas Soaring Association to Port Aransas, TX, around 550km. He put some awesome pictures on Facebook of the wing of his discus out over the Gulf of Mexico! Not too bad of a flight for late February. Beautiful! Nice flight Mike!
Yesterday 03:33 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post