Soaring the Cape of Storms by Sven[_2_]
Soaring from Worcester in the Western Cape, South Africa - we have some German visitors and Stefan Langer made this exquisite video - enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOXvAbCUcc&feature=share
Yesterday 08:34 PM
by John Foster Go to last post
5 17 Soaring
500 KM hang Gliding Record in Australia by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
The HGFA sends out: A Lismore pilot and member of the Hang Gliding Federation of Australia, has set an Australian Hang Gliding record, soaring 500km to a declared goal over the spectacular Queensland outback – a total of 10 hours in the air. Reaching ground speeds of over 100km/hr, Scott...
Yesterday 08:22 PM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
1 8 Soaring
Igc file help. Computer science by [email protected]
Hey guys im taking a computer science class on data structures and algorithms. I wanna do something glider related for my final project. I was thinking about trying to see if there is a pattern between average vario for a task and Xc speed. However, I have no clue how how to obtain such data from...
by Thomas Van de Velde Go to last post
15 195 Soaring
LXNav screens (LX9000, LX9070, etc) and polarised sunglasses by [email protected]
Good evening all, Has anyone experienced any problems with polarised sunglasses and LXNav PNA's? If so, could you kindly advise: - The model number - The installed orientation, and - What plane was the screen polarised in, horizontal or vertical? Many thanks! CJ
Yesterday 01:14 PM
by krasw Go to last post
7 38 Soaring
Smart Phone Software by John Foster
What have you guys found to be the best "flight computer" app for a smart phone or tablet? Ive tried using iGlide for the iPhone (basic version), but it doesn't seem to have the functionality of a true flight computer where you can input a task, turn points, etc. Do I just need to upgrade to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 07:08 AM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
13 50 Soaring
Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3? by Richard DalCanto
I have a deposit on both with FES system. The JS3 would arrive in 2020. The Ventus maybe 2021. Reading the POH, the Ventus may have gentler stall characteristics (according to the manual with forward CG it won't drop a wing on stall either level or in a 45 degree bank). The JS3 manual makes it...
Yesterday 06:52 AM