Landout at Class C or D tower-controlled airport? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I've done thousands of landings in all kinds of airplanes at tower-controlled airports (now called Class B, C and D), but I've never seen a glider land at one. Does ATC frown upon this (unless one declares an emergency in which case you have a new problem) or to they take this in stride...
Today 07:03 AM
by 2G Go to last post
9 39 Soaring
Private airport or small field for landout? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I'm a former cfi-i/mei and commercial glider pilot, but I've never gone cross-country in my PW-5 glider. Training up for it though. A question: If you are in an area where the fields are small, but there are several private airfields around, which should be your priority? Seems to me...
by 2G Go to last post
57 128 Soaring
Problem with OLC Saturday 5-30? by Waveguru
When I pull up OLC I'm getting a bunch of zero scores. Is it me? Boggs
Today 03:53 AM
by RobKol Go to last post
4 12 Soaring
SeeYou Training Videos by Dave Springford
With an unusual amount of spare time on my hands these days, I am finally getting around to a project on my to do list and I have produced several SeeYou training videos. In the videos I show how to set up SeeYou and how to navigate the interface.. Future videos will get into more details such as...
Today 02:59 AM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
3 19 Soaring
K2 battery endurance by John Silverberg
Hi, I'm hoping someone with experience with K2 batteries can help determine if mine are due for replacement. I have dual K2 batteries wired in parallel to supply avionics power. I have an LX9000, S8 and V8 varios, trig transponder, FLARM core, and becker com radio running off them. I'm not sure...
by kinsell Go to last post
22 138 Soaring
Seat cushion works great for long drives by George Haeh
I've been using the pink-blue seat cushion and cover in my glider for many years and it works just fine. But a dear friend 3000 km away is in her last weeks and my rear can get sore driving 400; so, I put the cushion in my car for the trip. It's a fact of life that we spend more time in cars than...
Yesterday 09:16 PM
by George Haeh Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
Bucker Jungmann & Jungmeister Survivors by [email protected]
søndag 7. mai 2000 09.00.00 UTC+2 skrev Alex Caslon følgende: hi folks I am trying to put together a list of Bucker Jungmann and Jungmeister Survivors with a potted history for each aircraft. I've been using Peter Cohausz's DEUTSCHE FLUGZEUGE Bis 1945 book listing as a starting point ...
0 15 Restoration
Standalone artificial horizon by Richard Lancaster[_2_]
Hi all, I’m looking for a reliable, high quality, standalone artificial horizon that fits cleanly in a round hole (I’m not wanting a square barnacle that “fits” into a round hole). Does anyone have any flight experience with either of these: uAvionix...