Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 18th 09, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
ILS on Garmin GNC 420W

Does 420W have ILS approaches in its database? I mean, can you set up
ILS approach in 420 to monitor your progress while flying ILS approach
on your good old KX-155? Thanks in advance,
Robin Hou
Forum: Home Built February 13th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Narco Nav/Com

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=232633&ZOOM=%2Fclassified_files%2F232633-DSC01207.jpg

Does anyone know what model of Narco Nav/Com is in the picture?

Thanks in advance,

Robin...
Forum: Piloting October 25th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

You need to make sure that the AP is certified to work with the source
of pitch/roll info which you propose to use.

Not sure about other auto pilot. My avionic tech told me CIII's...
Forum: Owning October 25th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

You need to make sure that the AP is certified to work with the source
of pitch/roll info which you propose to use.

Not sure about other auto pilot. My avionic tech told me CIII's...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 25th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

You need to make sure that the AP is certified to work with the source
of pitch/roll info which you propose to use.

Not sure about other auto pilot. My avionic tech told me CIII's...
Forum: Piloting October 23rd 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

One thing to think about is if you're going to have or want GPSS autopilot
functionality and a GPS connection to the Aspen, you may want to see if both
are possible. *I'm not sure if the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 23rd 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

One thing to think about is if you're going to have or want GPSS autopilot
functionality and a GPS connection to the Aspen, you may want to see if both
are possible. *I'm not sure if the...
Forum: Owning October 23rd 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

One thing to think about is if you're going to have or want GPSS autopilot
functionality and a GPS connection to the Aspen, you may want to see if both
are possible. *I'm not sure if the...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 08, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

Wow, I did not expect any more reply 10 days after Mike's initial
reply of "Yes". I guess being called "stupid" does have its
advantage ;-)

The reason I consider KLN-90B because it has ARINC 429...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 22nd 08, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

Wow, I did not expect any more reply 10 days after Mike's initial
reply of "Yes". I guess being called "stupid" does have its
advantage ;-)

The reason I consider KLN-90B because it has ARINC 429...
Forum: Owning October 22nd 08, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

Wow, I did not expect any more reply 10 days after Mike's initial
reply of "Yes". I guess being called "stupid" does have its
advantage ;-)

The reason I consider KLN-90B because it has ARINC 429...
Forum: Owning October 6th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

I am considering KLN-90B as replacement for my M-3 Approach. Question
for experienced KLN-90B users: Legality aside, can you operate
KLN-90B in approach mode (doing GPS approaches) with an...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

I am considering KLN-90B as replacement for my M-3 Approach. Question
for experienced KLN-90B users: Legality aside, can you operate
KLN-90B in approach mode (doing GPS approaches) with an...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 6th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
KLN-90B

I am considering KLN-90B as replacement for my M-3 Approach. Question
for experienced KLN-90B users: Legality aside, can you operate
KLN-90B in approach mode (doing GPS approaches) with an...
Forum: Owning September 27th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sigma Tek HSI

Deos anyone have experience with Sigma Tek HSI 1U445? Is it
reliable? How is the support? Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou
Forum: Home Built September 27th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sigma Tek HSI

Deos anyone have experience with Sigma Tek HSI 1U445? Is it
reliable? How is the support? Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou
Forum: Piloting September 27th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sigma Tek HSI

Deos anyone have experience with Sigma Tek HSI 1U445? Is it
reliable? How is the support? Thanks in advance.

Robin Hou
Forum: Piloting May 22nd 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Antenna install

My Terra radio installation instruction says "Porper attachment of any
antenna to the aircraft surface is of primary importance. Carefull
clean all paint and corrosion off the mounting surface and...
Forum: Home Built May 22nd 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Antenna install

My Terra radio installation instruction says "Porper attachment of any
antenna to the aircraft surface is of primary importance. Carefull
clean all paint and corrosion off the mounting surface and...
Forum: Owning May 22nd 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Antenna install

My Terra radio installation instruction says "Porper attachment of any
antenna to the aircraft surface is of primary importance. Carefull
clean all paint and corrosion off the mounting surface and...
Forum: Owning May 13th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
P-1000 digital tech

I have a Horizon Instruments, Inc. P-1000 Digital Engine Tachometer.
It has a 6-pin connector labeled "Amphenol 14S-6PF". Does anyone have
a source to buy a matching connector to build its hardness?...
Forum: Home Built May 13th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
P-1000 digital tech

I have a Horizon Instruments, Inc. P-1000 Digital Engine Tachometer.
It has a 6-pin connector labeled "Amphenol 14S-6PF". Does anyone have
a source to buy a matching connector to build its hardness?...
Forum: Piloting May 13th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
P-1000 digital tech

I have a Horizon Instruments, Inc. P-1000 Digital Engine Tachometer.
It has a 6-pin connector labeled "Amphenol 14S-6PF". Does anyone have
a source to buy a matching connector to build its hardness?...
Forum: Home Built February 5th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.homebuilt
PC power using aircraft ground

I run a Motion LS800 for my EFB. I use a DC 12V to 19V power
converter to power my LS800 since I have a 12V aircraft system.

To minimize the number of wires, can I use a single wire to run...
Forum: Owning February 5th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning, rec.aviation.homebuilt