Search: Posts made by: E Andersen
Forum: Owning February 26th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

I wonder if the upgrade to an STEC would be relatively easy, if the servos
are already in place?

wrote in message...
Forum: Owning February 25th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

Hi

the more I look into it, the more I keep returning to the comanche, it must
be the
fastest small twin and at the same time very economical, how can that go
wrong :-)

I might go and have a look...
Forum: Owning February 23rd 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

"comanche driver" spamawayassh.ole wrote in message
just noticed you are in florida. I have the bugee replacement tool and the
gear load...
Forum: Owning February 21st 07, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

On a twin of that age and advertised at that sale price, I would set aside
NO LESS than an additional 50% for additional repair and maintenance that
you may incur during your first year of...
Forum: Owning February 21st 07, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

Why not just provide the link to it, like you did in the other
thread?

Forum: Owning February 21st 07, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

Right 936 / Left 1391

Prob RT 79 / left 1391

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
E Andersen wrote:
Hi guys
Forum: Owning February 21st 07, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin comanche, just looked at one

Hi guys

Just looked at a 1964 TwinCo with all the bells and whistles, no GPS though,
but 2 glodeslopes, fresh annual and a lot more good stuff in it. It has a
STEC50, any ideas how good this is?...
Forum: Owning February 20th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
twin comanche

Like this one

http://www.aircraftdealer.com/aircraft_for_sale_detail/Piper_Twin_Comanche/1964_Piper_Twin_Comanche_PA30-428/10656.htm
Forum: Owning February 20th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
twin comanche

note that I installed an STEC 20 autopilot in a cherokee 140
(as part of a significant panel upgrade - cost, including labor,
was about the retail cost of the STEC 20).

2 axis would be my...
Forum: Owning February 19th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
twin comanche

Hi guys

I'm still searching for a twin comanche, there is quite a lot available
here in Florida for around 70-80k, it looks
to me that most do not have an autopilot, would this be a concern of...
Forum: Owning December 23rd 06, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
After an annual? READ THIS

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20061221X01825&key=1

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
When you pick up your plane...
Forum: Owning December 13th 06, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin Comanche vs. Mooney/other singles

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
There is some scuttlebutt that the plane is a widowmaker, but I don't
know the...
Forum: Owning December 13th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By E Andersen
Twin Comanche vs. Mooney/other singles

Hi all

When a Twin Comanche

flies 165 knots
burns less than 15 gallons
have 2 engines ( :-) )
is relatively cheap to overhaul (OI-320)

is this the "ultimate" twin? I am considering...