Search: Posts made by: D M[_2_]
Forum: Soaring December 29th 15, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
New Silver Distance Rules?

Most of you fail to realize the purpose of the badging system. It is to
encourage pilots to fly cross country. It is poor form for a pilot to think
just
because he sets out to fly that he deserves...
Forum: Soaring August 13th 15, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
SSA responds to ANPRM

I also caution, any glider owner/operator that is considering FLARM Only,
that if
the FAA changes the FAR part 91.113 (Right of Way Rules) from the words
"See
and Avoid" to the words "Sense and...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 15, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Stratus 2S

At 05:49 02 August 2015, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 9:51:11 PM UTC-7, Bill T wrote:
The airliner with ADS-B IN will get the traffic data rebroadcast
from
ATC=
and the...
Forum: Soaring August 1st 15, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Stratus 2S

At 02:07 01 August 2015, Bill T wrote:
One of our club members flies with the 1st Gen Stratus and iPad
mini. It
works to see the airliners descending into the local class B.
It's a carry over...
Forum: Soaring August 1st 15, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Hottest new tourist destination: Tonopah!

At 23:34 31 July 2015, wrote:
One important factoid missing from this article: The absolutely
slowest
service in the entire state may be found in the dinning room of the...
Forum: Soaring July 18th 15, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
SeeYou and Windows 10

Bill Just bring an extra pair of glasses to see it.
At 15:03 16 July 2015, Dan Marotta wrote:
My Dell laptop is 7-8 years old, originally came with Vista, and
was
beginning to slow down. I...
Forum: Soaring June 17th 15, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
FAA collecting Aviation Video Data

Folks, The FAA has just issued an order for all Principal Inspectors to
collect data from media sites regarding the use of cameras on aircraft.
The premise was behind the exponential growth of...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 15, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Fly-in BBQ at Inyokern - Saturday June 13

At 02:49 13 June 2015, wrote:
Final reminder for the Sierra Soaring "Contest" and BBQ tomorrow.
Weather
=
forecast looks good, but not super great. Thermal tops at 12K...
Forum: Soaring June 4th 15, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Oudie users

At 13:36 04 June 2015, HGXC wrote:
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:32:30 AM UTC-4, HGXC wrote:
My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My
process
befo=
re flight is to turn...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 15, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Oudie users

At 16:35 30 May 2015, HGXC wrote:
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:53:27 AM UTC-4, Sierra Whiskey
wrote:
On my Oudie the GPS status box indicates Primary and Secondary.
When it
is configured to...
Forum: Soaring May 27th 15, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
Parowan Safari

At 04:17 27 May 2015, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any safaris planned to Parowan this
year?
How many gliders are needed to make it worthwhile to arrange a tug? ...
Forum: Soaring May 26th 15, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]

Johnny,
In Las Vegas, Nevada the local PBS station airs special interest
segments on a request bases. I talked to the local program director
of my station and she said that out of all the glider...
Forum: Soaring May 26th 15, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By D M[_2_]
MIRRORGLAZE

I have had good luck with a product from 3M called Adhesive,Wax &
Mark Remover to remove wax,silicone and adhesive. Then I use a 3M
product called Finish Restorer(3902) to get the shine back. I...