Soaring in Central California (Video) by Wyll Surf Air
I thought some of the geezers of RAC might enjoy my most soaring video. It has scenes from both my recently acquired Libelle 201 as well as Morgan Hall's Duo Discus. Anyway enjoy the video and happy flying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUFdYWng4I Wyll
Today 02:26 AM
by Wyll Surf Air Go to last post
1 123 Soaring
Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3? by Richard DalCanto
I have a deposit on both with FES system. The JS3 would arrive in 2020. The Ventus maybe 2021. Reading the POH, the Ventus may have gentler stall characteristics (according to the manual with forward CG it won't drop a wing on stall either level or in a 45 degree bank). The JS3 manual makes it...
by Richard DalCanto Go to last post
12 127 Soaring
Is an LDA w/GS a "Precision" approach? by [email protected]
FAA Ops Specs for air carriers have a middle column for types of approved approaches called “APV” - Approaches with Vertical Guidance, LDA-GS is listed in this column and not under Precision Approach. I’d give that answer in an interview, even though Instrument ACS would allow it to be...
0 6 Instrument Flight Rules
Oudie 2's needed by [email protected]
The Soaring Club of Houston is starting a Soaring Development & Coaching program next month and we are outfitting 2 of the club 2 seaters with Oudie 2's for coaching. Please let me know if you have one (or more) that you would be willing to sell or graciously donate. Thanks, Tony Smolder SCOH...
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
13 62 Soaring
Looking for A-14 (or similar) pressure breathing diluter demand regulator by Keith Schwab
Hi Everyone! I'm looking for an A-14 regulator, or something similar, to prepare for higher altitude wave flights in the Sierra. Curious if anyone has an one laying around they might be willing to part with or lend for a season. Thanks! Keith
Solid-state, ion-drive airplane silently flies with no fuel or moving parts by Larry Dighera
https://newatlas.com/mit-ion-flight-solid-state-aircraft/57326/ Solid-state, ion-drive airplane silently flies with no fuel or moving parts AIRCRAFT David Szondy November 21st, 2018
Yesterday 06:52 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 7 Piloting
04' Cobra metal top leaks by [email protected]
How does the water sealing system on a Cobra normally work? On the inside lower edge of each side there is a small trough. (A great place to store the TE probe, etc.) If I look closely, there are small high water marks in there. Also drain holes at the front and rear ends. (One of which was...
Yesterday 06:12 PM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
4 28 Soaring
Cambridge 302 fuse by [email protected]
Does anyone know what size fuse (amps) should be used with a 302? I can't find it in the manual. http://www.bas.uk.net/docs/302_v2.pdf Thanks, Uwe
Yesterday 04:36 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
6 37 Soaring
About the Governance of the Soaring Society of America by [email protected]
It's been brought to my attention that some members have asked where they might find documentation relating to the governance of the SSA (on its website). I hope this sheds some light and puts to rest any notion the SSA is not transparent. As the Director of Region 6 it is my opinion that the SSA...
Yesterday 07:39 AM