Flying in Europe by [email protected]
Which countries will allow a US Glider rated pilot to fly solo without additional paperwork? Thanks In Advance -Howie
Best Soaring Simulator?? by Gary Emerson
Greetings, Off season (northern hemisphere) is coming. What are the top 2-3 soaring simulators or is there a clear winner? Thanks, Gary
by Chris Wedgwood[_2_] Go to last post
30 3,688 Soaring
Soaring Spot by Jonathan St. Cloud
Just curious why US contests don't use Soaring Spot?
Today 08:51 AM
by Jim White[_3_] Go to last post
8 18 Soaring
Landing with reduced airbrake by Richard McLean[_2_]
Hi guys, Our club is having a discussion about the merits of reducing airbrake on short final (well before the flare) in order to reduce the rate of descent on the last part of finals - in particular after using full airbrake to correct an overshoot i.e. you are still overshooting but reduce...
by Richard McLean[_2_] Go to last post
31 169 Soaring
Glide computer in certified glider by Wade G
In short, What is required to install a non-TSO’d moving map flight computer IN the panel of my certified glider? A 337 mess? WG
by 2G Go to last post
65 293 Soaring
Durango, CO by [email protected]
Is the glider port still active in Durango Colorado? Asking for someone traveling through there next month who wants to get a ride
by Renny[_2_] Go to last post
12 53 Soaring
Region 10 North June 9-16 Yoder, KS by Tony[_5_]
RAS, I'm pleased to announce that the Kansas Soaring Association is hosting Region 10 North at the Sunflower Aerodrome near Yoder, KS this year. Practice June 9-10 and Contest June 11-16. We hope you can join us! Kansas is conveniently located approximately half way between the East Coast and the...
Yesterday 07:33 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
5 130 Soaring
Reducing collision hazard at contests by Steve Koerner
Here's a conceptually simple idea for contest pilots to rattle around... I believe it would be highly effective at reducing dangerous big gaggles that happen during contests. The desirables are that it doesn't damage the sport, it's effective at improving safety, it's easy to understand and it's...
by Ron Gleason Go to last post