Fly Deliberately. Fly Tasks - Proving Grounds by Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Over the past few years at my gliding club (Cu Nim, Calgary Alberta), we’ve developed an XC development framework that in 2019 spread across Canada. Now we’re looking to share its success to clubs around the world (French and English speaking at this point). The problem is the same for many of...
Yesterday 04:40 PM
by Patrick (LS6-b EH) Go to last post
1 23 Soaring
Wing root bearings hard to align/rotate to correct position. by [email protected]
The wing root bearings on my Ventus are difficult to align and require force to rotate to the right position of parallel to the face of the spar. Tried greasing, but suspect it needs a clean up first. What would you use to clean and free them ? Dan
Scam I think!!! by Geoff Minors
I have my Ogar Motor Glider for sale on W & W. Always interesting the responses I get. This I am pretty sure is a scam! Just like to share so others don't fall into these traps. Have a read and a giggle from Mr.Melvin! Hello, Thanks for the mail..However,I want you to know that the price is okay...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
15 58 Soaring
Standalone artificial horizon by Richard Lancaster[_2_]
Hi all, I’m looking for a reliable, high quality, standalone artificial horizon that fits cleanly in a round hole (I’m not wanting a square barnacle that “fits” into a round hole). Does anyone have any flight experience with either of these: uAvionix...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
25 99 Soaring
2 Attachment(s) Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20 by Paul Agnew
Very sad to read this tragic news this morning. http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/05/bellanca-8gcbc-scout-n4116y-fatal.html?m=1 Comments (anonymous) on the webpage indicate kiting may have been a significant factor. Sincere condolences to the family of the tow pilot and to the members of the...
by Larry Ruggiero Go to last post
225 978 Soaring
Corroded main pins? by kinsell
Have a friend looking at a used SZD 48-3 for sale with corroded pins, he's wondering if replacement is feasible. Would pins from a totalled ship be a possibility?
How About Story Time by [email protected]
Maybe this is a good opportunity for some of us to share some stories of our experiences. I'll go first.- During the regional at Harris Hill in 2013 I was flying K21 with grandson Calvin Mampe, Rachel Conklin, and her sister Michelle. All 3 had flown multiple contests with me before, 2 having...
109 1,085 Soaring
K2 battery endurance by John Silverberg
Hi, I'm hoping someone with experience with K2 batteries can help determine if mine are due for replacement. I have dual K2 batteries wired in parallel to supply avionics power. I have an LX9000, S8 and V8 varios, trig transponder, FLARM core, and becker com radio running off them. I'm not sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 06:06 AM
by 2G Go to last post
42 208 Soaring
Paraphernalia “Softie” Mini Parachute for sale by Sean Fidler
Manufactured in July 2008, in great condition, royal blue color with matching UV storage bag, quick release option on leg straps. Freshly inspected and repacked by master rigger. This same rigger has repacked and inspected this rig roughly every 6 months (with no significant gaps) for the past 9...
Yesterday 02:14 AM
by John Foster Go to last post
6 66 Soaring
Schroth 4 point harness for sale by Michael Opitz
Selling the 1999 Schroth 4 point harness that came with my Discus- 2b. Apparently an AD came out restricting this model from being used on aerobatic certified aircraft. Hooker Harness re-webbed it for me last November for use on Experimental certified aircraft. The new tags don't have TSO...
Yesterday 01:49 AM
by Michael Opitz Go to last post
4 39 Soaring
How reliably do CG hooks disconnect when the angle of the ropeexceeds the autorelease angle by Kenz Dale
I understand that CG hooks are designed to autorelease when the angle of pull passes a certain critical angle. Is this a very reliable disconnect, or is more of an "Eh, it's nice to have but I've seen it fail too many times to trust it"?
Yesterday 01:00 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post