Flight review required? by Terry Pitts
This came up today on askacfi.com. Most of us have seen someone who used to fly but hasn't for years and decides to take up soaring. These people have no medical, no flight review, and no 90-day currency. They cannot fly whatever it is they used to fly, but with some - maybe a lot - of time and...
by jp Go to last post
61 1,958 Soaring
Going back into flying the glider way by ripacheco1967
I have a couple thousand hours flying GA single engine. I have owned two aircraft in the past. (Piper Warrior & Saratoga) Haven't flown for almost 10-years. Decided to go back into flying but only gliders. Will join local club to get my license upgraded to include a glider rating. Then will be the...
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
10 45 Soaring
FS Nimbus 3 (price reduced) by Craig Funston[_3_]
https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=3052
Yesterday 09:11 PM
by Craig Funston[_3_] Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
Spring Cleaning... Radios and varios and stuff... by Ross[_3_]
I am having a clean out and have a bundle of stuff that I have no real need for Sage CVA Vario Cambridge 302 + 303 4 Dittel FSG71m 1 ATR500 1 ATR600 1 ATR600 with remote 1 Becker 4201 1 Winter 57mm ASI in knots (coded for an LS8)
Yesterday 07:01 PM
by Ross[_3_] Go to last post
0 23 Soaring
FS: LXnavigation Colibri x by soaringjac
Looking to sell my LXnavigation Colibri X. I only used it twice so it’s basically brand new. Asking $550 for it. Bout from wings and wheels for $710 https://wingsandwheels.com/lx-navigation-colibri-x.html
Yesterday 04:12 PM
by soaringjac Go to last post
1 48 Soaring
Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents by [email protected]
I always assumed that there are more overshoot airport accidents than undershoot ones. That is mainly due to our general knowledge that it's better to be too high than not high enough. Am I correct here ? Dan
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
42 198 Soaring
Pre Buy Inspection at El Tiro Gliderport by [email protected]
Can anyone provide a reference for someone that can do a pre-buy inspection at El Tiro Gliderport? I've already seen the glider in person and feel its a safe purchase but wanted to get a second opinion if I could. My two main concerns are the ballast system working after 10+ years of not being...
Yesterday 03:25 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
8 78 Soaring
Becker 4201 by soaringjac
Will the Becker 4201 run off 12v battery? Seems like it needs 14v