Search: Posts made by: CindyB[_2_]
Forum: Soaring December 6th 19, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Briegleb BG-12B?

I knew the family, post accident. Not quite correct on JJ's part.

As told to me by the bereaved father:

Youngster enjoyed a great day. Decided via radio that he would return quickly to give Dad a...
Forum: Soaring November 20th 19, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Put your money where the risk is

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 7:16:13 AM UTC-8, MNLou wrote:
I always wonder how many accidents are a result of an in-air medical problem.

Lou

Lou --

Too many.
We know of many pilots...
Forum: Soaring October 20th 19, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
History Question About U.S. Tasking

We are some old goats....I feel like I entered soaring on the cusp of technochange. I am glad to have seen both styles. I was a puppy then.
JJ, Gary, Al, Sterling, Danny, Ross... all cast long...
Forum: Soaring October 19th 19, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Flight line operations cart, trailer or what have you.

I dont think a bus was what Mike had in mind. But I drove an old bread truck, like the current delivery service Van's. Steps to enter, big windows, converted with bench seats/storage under, small...
Forum: Soaring October 19th 19, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
If you were planning a Safari...

Matt, partly it depends on the months of the trip, and the number of fly vs tourist days you want.

Tehachapi is open many days a week. The site offers thermalling exits to the Sierra, the...
Forum: Soaring October 17th 19, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Brokerage fee

Okay, you take the fee, and donate it to the club. Or not.

Thanks Burt, for reminding about trailer transfer. Depending on the state DMV - easy or rough.
Getting a glider back into circulation is...
Forum: Soaring October 16th 19, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
RIP John Shelton, Pez D Spencer

And then this flush stupidity kept me from posting the link.....
Pezdspencer.com.

He also wrote an incredibly realistic "game" for video called Yankee Air Pirate.
It didnt make tons of cash, but...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 19, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
RIP John Shelton, Pez D Spencer

Nyla, not what you asked for, but folks new and old might want to enjoy Pez here. If Tom H and Gary K wanted to provide the names and backstories, maybe CCSC or PASCO could archive them.

I made a...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 19, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Brokerage fee

What's a day of your time worth?

Open trailer, pull out & take photos, :30 or an hour. Web listings, :20. Canned email response with photos, copy of last inspection signoff, :10. They have to be...
Forum: Soaring October 14th 19, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Eunice Newgard

Eunice "mommed" me at Minden Wave Camp when I showed up to help and learn. Gave me extra blankets for my tent, washed my hair in her big salad bowl of warm water on the ramp, knit me one of her...
Forum: Soaring August 31st 19, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Ooooops...

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 2:22:01 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-crash/norways-first-electric-plane-crash-lands-on-lake-idUSKCN1V423N?il=0

In a lake,...
Forum: Soaring August 23rd 19, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
BRSS Boomerang Trophy Update

Reminds me of a time when the PASCO Egg visited away to Cal City because of a soar-in claim on arrival to the Spring contest. Aggrieved howls of dismay, but that prompted some interesting...
Forum: Soaring July 25th 19, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
More trailer tire/wheel issues

On that Windows 10 reference..... a disservice. And that should complete the thread drift. Drift - that might close the loop back to scary braking and no braking.
Forum: Soaring May 29th 19, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Are off-airport landouts common and/or dangerous?

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 2:50:45 PM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2019 13:31:15 -0700, Andy Blackburn wrote:

Know terrain where you are headed before you head there.

Forum: Soaring May 29th 19, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Are off-airport landouts common and/or dangerous?

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 2:00:05 PM UTC-7, Charles Ethridge wrote:
Hi all.
snipped so I'm not a total newbie in the glider world.

Ben:
Welcome to soaring, ownership and the...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 19, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 8:28:44 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I always assumed that there are more overshoot airport accidents than undershoot ones. That is mainly due to our...
Forum: Soaring March 22nd 19, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 8:53:46 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Hmmmmm...* I'd say either don't let your wife pull the trailer or else
have HER hook it up to the car. :-D

On 3/17/2019...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 19, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
NEW SSA WEBINAR - TUESDAY MARCH 5 AT 7PM CENTRAL TIME

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 7:27:53 PM UTC-8, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
While off topic of congratulating the people that do these webinars, my
SNIP
Again, just a comment,...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 19, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Passing of Al Leffler

On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 5:48:01 PM UTC-8, WaltWX wrote:
Al truly was a gentleman and ambassador for soaring and will be missed by us all. The quiet dignity of this man is legendary.

Forum: Soaring March 6th 19, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Tow rope musings - informal survey

IFR in dust..... peek alternately at your wingtips. If you learn to use your neck vertebrae in general to turn your personal nose, and leave the glider nose on track, you will find you can see...
Forum: Soaring February 6th 19, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
AN EVENING WITH SEBASTIAN KAWA

Yes. All SSA webinars are recorded, and posted on ssa.org under Member Resources - Webinars. They are also free. Free. For members or public. The webinars only earn Wings credits of you participate...
Forum: Soaring December 13th 18, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Space Soaring

On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 12:12:11 AM UTC-8, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 8:34:22 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:

I was there for N328KF's first 328000 ft high flight,...
Forum: Soaring December 13th 18, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Space Soaring

I have it on pretty good authority that Mojave is the place to be tomorrow,
if you want to see a really big glider go really, really high..... N202VG.
The fellow who pays the bills was hosting...
Forum: Soaring December 3rd 18, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Repairing a Schanz compass

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 6:18:12 AM UTC-8, Mark Williams wrote:
I have a Schanz compass that isn't behaving as a compass should. It's almost impossible to get a bearing no matter how much I...
Forum: Soaring November 10th 18, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By CindyB[_2_]
Vortex Generators on 182 tow plane???

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 6:02:16 AM UTC-7, Cookie wrote:
Anybody have any experience and / or advice on putting vortex generators on our Cessna 182 (swept tail) tow plane? Do they actually...