Search: Posts made by: Emily
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

wrote:

At our airport, there's a marked difference in how owners of planes at
tiedowns maintain their aircraft vs. owners of planes *in hangars*.
Airplanes in...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

wrote:
snip

ssk how the FBO treats Service Bulletins; some feel if it isn't "required", they
don't have to do it. True in the legal sense, but would you rent from an...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

Jay Honeck wrote:
If you mean installing a tractor light bulb instead of an
"aircraft" light bulb, sure, I know LOTS of owners like that.
Well, that's illegal. And I'm coming from a work...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:35:12 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Jay Honeck writes:

If you mean installing a tractor light bulb instead of an
"aircraft" light bulb, sure, I...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:31:55 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Emily writes:

Every single rental
aircraft I have flown is meticulously maintained, by certificated and...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

Jay Honeck wrote:
snip
If you mean installing a tractor light bulb instead of an
"aircraft" light bulb, sure, I know LOTS of owners like that.
Well, that's illegal. And I'm coming from a work...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Question regarding fuel dumping

AJ wrote:
Under what conditions is fuel dumping necessary?

When the plane needs to land and the takeoff weight is somewhere over
100% of the landing weight.
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
Strangely, I can't seem to find any statistics on this seemingly
obvious (and easy-to-compile) issue. Does anyone know if any studies
have...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Fatalities: Rentals vs Owned?

Jay Honeck wrote:
While discussing flight safety in a different thread, the idea popped
into my head that rental planes are probably more dangerous to fly than
owner-flown aircraft. In my...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
GA bias in "general" insurance?

Greg Farris wrote:
Received yet another mailing offer for disability insurance - from a
reputable company, ready to pay a $250-500K indemnity for complete
disability.

I'll say again, I've...
Forum: Piloting October 22nd 06, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Medical renewal - war story

joel williams wrote:
I have been a private pilot for about 20 years.
My usual practice is to go for a medical in the
beginning of the month in which my current medical expires.
That way I get...
Forum: Owning October 21st 06, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Emily
Does Lycoming make any sense?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
The Visitor wrote:
This is just at idle?
Are your manifold pressure and rpm readings in line with each other?
I am thinking about cam shaft wear.

Anytime....
Forum: Piloting October 21st 06, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Robert M. Gary wrote:
The Visitor wrote:
This is just at idle?
Are your manifold pressure and rpm readings in line with each other?
I am thinking about cam shaft wear.

Anytime....
Forum: Owning October 20th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Emily
Does Lycoming make any sense?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I just spoke with Lycoming regarding my very high fuel flow. Recently
I've had a problem where I'm getting almost double my normal fuel flow
at idle even with the mixture...
Forum: Piloting October 20th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I just spoke with Lycoming regarding my very high fuel flow. Recently
I've had a problem where I'm getting almost double my normal fuel flow
at idle even with the mixture...
Forum: Piloting October 20th 06, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Emily wrote:
What gave you that idea? I do paperwork. I send my tech in to do the dirty
work. G

Hey, I can do paperwork. That's what I do now, and...
Forum: Piloting October 19th 06, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Sylvain wrote:
Emily wrote:
Rub it in. I've been thinking ever since I graduated that I should have
gotten a nursing degree. Hmm...maybe it's not too...
Forum: Piloting October 19th 06, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
Rub it in. I've been thinking ever since I graduated that I...
Forum: Piloting October 19th 06, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
French Inventions (answers)

Jim Logajan wrote:
"John Gaquin" wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
This is a misconception. Radioactivity is nuclear decay. The
Forum: Piloting October 19th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
With some training you could be advanced to burger flipper in a year or two.
Then you'll be rolling in cash.
With a bit of offshoring, you...
Forum: Piloting October 19th 06, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Emily wrote
I've flown a full motion 727 sim a few times and did fairly well (this was
before I got my multi). Not within standards by any means, but I never
crashed...
Forum: Piloting October 18th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Emily has remarked a couple times about her inability to fly a MS-type
flight simulator without crashing it.

Emily,

I would be very interested to know how you'd do...
Forum: Piloting October 18th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Marty Shapiro wrote:
Emily wrote in news:9qWdnZhYJo4-
:

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in...
Forum: Piloting October 18th 06, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
"Why was a plane able to fly over New York?"

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Grumman-581,

So, now it's against the law to commit suicide from an aircraft on the lawn
of the German House of Congress? Hmmm... I'm not so certain that this...
Forum: Piloting October 18th 06, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Emily
Does a Cessna 152 have an afterburner?

Jim Macklin wrote:
Jets suck up a few mechanics too.

That's why I don't wrench. g In fact, I pretty much stay away from
completely assembled engines unless they are installed on an aircraft...