Forum: Soaring June 28th 19, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pawnee auxiliary oil cooler STC -- need info.

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 9:40:09 PM UTC-5, RV 6 Driver wrote:
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 19, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Discus B canopy hinge repair

Has anyone out there had any experience with a loose aft canopy hinge on a Discus B? I am working with the owner of his Discus and the aft hinge is noticeably loose as it sits in the frame.

Details...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 19, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cambridge vario audio box wanted

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 9:57:57 AM UTC-5, Geoff Minors wrote:
I am looking for the audio box that goes with the Cambridge vario. Anybody got one they can sell me?
Thanks

I think I have one...
Forum: Soaring May 22nd 19, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted Mechanical Vario

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 7:54:06 PM UTC-5, Geoff Minors wrote:
Looking for a reasonable priced mechanical vario, 80mm Diameter?
I am located in Alberta but close to the Montana border for...
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 18, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PZL Krosno KR-03A Puchatek parts for sale

I have at my disposal the insurance salvage of a PZL Krosno KR-03A Puchatek 2-seat glider. Almost all of the parts are up for purchase. Let me know your needs.
Cheers,
Mike Maskell
Winnipeg, MB
Forum: Soaring January 4th 18, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SZD 48-1 Standard Jantar 2 placards

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 8:29:52 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Couldn't you just create the placard in a word processor?

On 1/3/2018 12:08 PM, wrote:
Does...
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 18, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SZD 48-1 Standard Jantar 2 placards

Does anyone have a clean copy of the "allowable mass" loading placard that is found on page 14 of the flight manual? My POH is not clean enough to permit a scan and print of the placard.
Thanks,...
Forum: Soaring December 7th 17, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Buy Glider without looking

If anyone is truly sure they are being scammed then why not play with the prospective buyer a little. I was selling an item, non gliding related, and suspected I was being scammed. So I told the...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 17, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Buy Glider without looking

Be careful of the scam where you are offered more than your asking price and then a later request to send some of the additional funds to another party usually identified as his broker or similar. ...
Forum: Soaring July 27th 17, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pawnee Mirrors, Fuselage Mounted - Where to buy please?

We use a slightly parabolic mirror mounted on the wing jury strut with a mount formed to fit from 2024T3 aluminum of about a 0.040" thickness. Use suitable abrasion protection on the strut. Seems...
Forum: Soaring December 11th 16, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 9:44:11 AM UTC-5, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance...
Forum: Soaring September 10th 16, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted: Grob 103 elevator

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:39:50 PM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
Oooops.......severe hangar rash has resulted in a crushed elevator on our Grob 103 Twin III. A repair is being considered, but it...
Forum: Soaring August 13th 16, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grob 102 Astir CS parts for sale

If anyone is looking for parts from a Grob 102 Astir CS I have an almost complete although damaged one for sale. The glider suffered a slow speed ground-loop right at take off and went skidding...
Forum: Soaring June 3rd 16, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grob salvage anyone.

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 11:06:07 AM UTC-5, BruceGreeff wrote:
Can anyone direct me to a source of good/repairable Grob CS77 wings?
Looking for Starboard primarily/specifically.

Have...
Forum: Soaring March 4th 16, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 1:09:23 AM UTC-6, Peter Whitehead wrote:
Hi, Pete ("edenpete") from UK here. Good news.I have been invited to apply to the Rumanian Aeroclub for the package related...
Forum: Soaring February 25th 16, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:24:53 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:
I just saw this posted by Mandy Temple, President of the Gliding Federation of Australia.
This approval may just be for operation in...
Forum: Soaring February 25th 16, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 3:24:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Please sent me both Service life Extension programms for IS28 and IS29 if they are available

Forum: Soaring February 22nd 16, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 4:44:02 PM UTC-5, Peter Whitehead wrote:
On Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:44:11 PM UTC+1, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is...
Forum: Soaring February 22nd 16, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 4:44:02 PM UTC-5, Peter Whitehead wrote:
On Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:44:11 PM UTC+1, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is...
Forum: Soaring May 29th 15, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Krosno KR-03A Wing Part

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 6:14:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anyone aware of a damaged Krosno KR-03A sailplane? Need a part from the left wing.

Did you try Barry Aviation in Florida? ...