Search: Posts made by: Steve Leonard[_2_]
Forum: Soaring March 17th 19, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
101 Pegase A

As Hank said, he knows the glider and it is just older gelcoat. Yeah, it doesn't have a Clearnav or LXblah blah or insert your favorite computer, but the plane is sound. Flies 60 minutes every...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 19, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Nixus Project

On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 12:10:06 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:

Broken link.
Jim

Not broken. Just an extra letter in there. Try this one:

https://www.facebook.com/NixusProject/

Steve
Forum: Soaring February 8th 19, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
GPS week rollover issue

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 8:57:31 PM UTC-6, Bruce Hoult wrote:

I'm guessing that will be the final end of my 1994 Cambridge Model 10. (It's already had the battery replaced, of...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 19, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Old W&W add--cancelled, not renewed

As Charlie suggested, I sent a note to Wings and Wheels and asked if they would forward my inquiry to the original lister. They did this for me, and I ended up with another project.

As for writing...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 19, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
K8b restoration

On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 5:30:05 AM UTC-6, Eric Munk wrote:
Replacing wing root rib ply is a fairly straightforward job on the
K8. Good luck! Lovely little gliders...

And this time, I...
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 19, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
K8b restoration

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 1:15:04 AM UTC-6, Eric Munk wrote:

Much snippery...

Wood is spruce by heart.

Sorry, Eric, bust I must disagree with you on that. Keifer is not the same as...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 19, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
AN EVENING WITH SEBASTIAN KAWA

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:00:06 PM UTC-6, Jock Proudfoot wrote:

Looks like he will be competing in New Zealand at that time. ?
Forum: Soaring December 24th 18, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Vuarnet Sunglasses Commercial with LS1

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 4:08:48 PM UTC-6, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 1:08:15 PM UTC-8, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
There are shown several...
Forum: Soaring December 21st 18, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
About the Governance of the Soaring Society of America

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 2:55:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 2:08:05 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
https://www.ssa.org/Join

It's not...
Forum: Soaring December 21st 18, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
About the Governance of the Soaring Society of America

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 1:30:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
"Its not that hard"

No but it is obscure. I have the same issue, most sites have a "renew" button to take you...
Forum: Soaring December 14th 18, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Soaring the Cape of Storms

On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 1:34:33 PM UTC-6, John Foster wrote:
Do you have the link to OLC track?

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=6963672
Forum: Soaring December 12th 18, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
New Concept for Sailplane "racing"

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 7:20:33 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Here is my electric "glider", I look forward to cleaning up on the speed tasks:

Forum: Soaring December 11th 18, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
New Concept for Sailplane "racing"

https://www.fai.org/news/new-contest-concept-sailplanes-electric-power?fbclid=IwAR1mW0o-A_Of5VwgpQ-dImjBxJcnwfARnhF0ErFSWfolyhLble-enOfPP9U

Camera on, drops newspaper on porch and runs....
Steve...
Forum: Soaring December 11th 18, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
It's winter ....

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 8:24:51 AM UTC-6,
Here is a beautiful, over 50 year old film made by the National Film Board of Canada featuring some of the top performing...
Forum: Soaring December 8th 18, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Class mobility

On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 4:24:15 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Of interest to me is that it looks like only one person (Geoff Brown) chose to "span down" and is flying with his...
Forum: Soaring December 7th 18, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
ASW 15 and Libelle for sale - in bad shape

On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 10:03:55 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I also have 15 (non-B) for sale in the Philadelphia area. Average condition light payload (184 lbs). Reasonable offers...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 18, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Class mobility

On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 11:52:30 AM UTC-6, JS wrote:
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 9:31:11 AM UTC-8, Steve Leonard wrote:
Of interest to me is that it looks like only one person...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 18, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Class mobility

Of interest to me is that it looks like only one person (Geoff Brown) chose to "span down" and is flying with his shorter span tips. Everyone else is flying with the longest span their plane can fly...
Forum: Soaring November 8th 18, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Looking for Mike Anderson

SSA says he is a member of Caprock Soaring. Contact them. Give them your contact info and ask them to pass it along to him. If that is not him, there are two Michael Andersons in Texas that have a...
Forum: Soaring November 8th 18, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Canopy free soaring

One of my favorites.

https://b2streamlines.com/FFADiamant/07/Topless_Diamant_19.pdf

Scroll down to page 3.

Steve Leonard
Forum: Soaring November 7th 18, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
What is the best point to jack up a Cobra Trailer ?

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 10:36:19 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I changed a wheel in my Cobra trailer with the glider inside. I located the Jack just under the corner between the...
Forum: Soaring November 6th 18, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 1:44:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:

The idea of unpacking a brand new, beautifully cut panel and discovering my favorite instrument doesn't clear something...
Forum: Soaring November 5th 18, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
WTB Becker AR 4201 Com Radio

Or, you can look here.

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/index.php?page=search&sCategory=110

Second one when this was posted is a 4201, 120 Euro. Plus shipping. John's is closer. All in what you...
Forum: Soaring November 2nd 18, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
Looking for old-school 80mm audio vario

Jon, the L-Nav is generally two boxes. The 80 mm control with LCD display (audio is in this part), and an either 57 or 80 mm traditional variometer needle display. You can certainly use just the 80...
Forum: Soaring November 1st 18, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Steve Leonard[_2_]
L-13 Blanik Tow OUt Gear

Not really tow out gear related, but I recall years ago, Bill Seed discovered that the ailerons had a "stop to stop motion" that would get going at about 5-10 MPH tailwind. You might need to...