Forum: Soaring January 18th 18, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What a race in Chile today!!!

Dear John, let me paraphrase what you wrote:

“RC put a grand prix style option into the rules for several years. Nobody used it, so it got dropped in a general clean up. No conspiracy.”

-The...
Forum: Soaring January 18th 18, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What a race in Chile today!!!

Meanwhile in America, the SSA is promoting crazy MAT’s and boring TAT’s with 30 mile radius’s. Nobody knows who wins the day which flew different directions at different times of the day until...
Forum: Soaring October 8th 17, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tow Pilot Killed at Skyline

Very sad. What a terrible loss. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Obviously he had lots of fuel on board to have the plane burn up upon impact, so it probably wasn't fuel starvation.

Does...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 17, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Letter to the FAA

In other words, your saying, let's not talk about Seminole Lake Gliderport terminating poor Walt for bringing up safety concerns after 2 near accidents. That's clearly a deflection to avoid...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 17, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Letter to the FAA

Isn't there a tow hook available that releases the glider automatically if the angle goes over a certain degree when a glider gets well out of position? Makes sense to me that if the glider pilot...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WTB - LS4 or ASW-19

Dear Herbert,

Thank you.

Glad you are coming around from being a naysayer.

Warmest Possible Loving Regards,

Wilbur
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Improved live tracking for the SSA membership?

Oh and by the way, live tracking INCREASES safety. In the same manner a spot tracker does, except its in real time with a pinpointed location.

I propose the SSA fund this tracking to increase...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Improved live tracking for the SSA membership?

What evidence do you have that suggest there are 9,999 other members? And, this number that you've pulled out of thin air that ALL OF THEM don't want to get with the times! Laughable! You would...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Make Sailplane Racing Great Again

Sailplane racing has now been made great again.

Thank you Sean...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Will circular runways ever take off?

A curved runway idea!!! What a LAUGH!!

Posted by an email name "Green Eggs and Ham"

Do you like
Curved runways to land?

I do not like them,
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WTB - LS4 or ASW-19

Didn't I just make a post about the need for ASW-19 remanufactured? Hahaha!

Good luck buddy!
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA 🇺🇸 Orlando

By far the greatest soaring race in recent years! Well done competitors, well done!

What the rest of the world has enjoyed is now here in the USA and in beautiful sunny florida. This should be an...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 17, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Improved live tracking for the SSA membership?

This is truly a technological breakthrough for Soaring as we know it.

The SSA needs to ask this question. "Would this feature increase excitement in our sport?" The answer is clearly YES. It is...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 17, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Sorry, no chicken dinner.

You are comparing apples to oranges from 2 decades ago where political environments have changed, in an attempt to prove that gliders MUST cost a fortune. It's just as...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 17, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Thank you Bruce, thank you.

Yes that's right. According to http://www.usinflationcalculator.com a PW-5 in today's money would be $23,976.

I'll repeat that a second...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 17, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Again, no one on here will discuss these questions:

How much was a PW-5 brand new?

What would that be worth in today's dollars with inflation?

The answer alone removes all doubt that affordable...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 17, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Again, no one on here will discuss these questions:

How much was a PW-5 brand new?

What would that be worth in today's dollars with inflation?

The answer alone removes all doubt that affordable...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 17, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

That would fix the decline, along with the SSA incorporating the international rules of soaring and the supporting Grand Prix racing. Simple. Get with the rest of the world!

But since this...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 17, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

How and why, was the PW-5 made for so cheap?

Nobody can answer this because it proves you are wrong!

Basic sailplanes do not cost a fortune to build. There is a market for entry level gliders...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 17, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Chris,

I respect your engagement in this forum to help our failing sport. You have a tough job ahead of you.

Perhaps if there was enough orders for the remaking of the ASW-19, say 50 orders at a...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 17, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

It would be really nice if the leadership came together and paired up resources to make something like this happen. We've seen American's do much greater things than anywhere on earth. We've sent...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 17, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Just amazing how those PW-5's were produced at affordable prices!!!

Wow!!!!

It's just a miracle isn't it?
Forum: Soaring March 14th 17, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Andrew Ainslie,

If it was the same price, why buy something that's 40 years old???
Forum: Soaring March 14th 17, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Uncle Hank,

Roman Świtkiewicz is laughing right now reading YOUR comment!!