US team silence by John Cochrane[_3_]
In the entire club, 15, and standard WGC, the US team posted a grand total of two pilot reports about what was going on https://ussoaringteams.org/#news Clearly there were lots of lessons learned here! US team: you want our support. You want our money. You want our volunteer time. And yet you...
Flarm data on iglide by [email protected]
Is there a configuration file that I need to make the contest numbers show up with the flarm data in iGlide? I see the traffic, altitude, etc, but I’m getting the ICAO designator instead of the contest number. I believe you have to configure the displays separately from the core, but does...
Today 01:33 AM
by swanson4353[email protected] Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
Dream Panel by 2G
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue). Tom
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
30 109 Soaring
Ventus 3F - Fatal by Jock Proudfoot
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new- mexico/articles/2018-07-11/albuquerque-man-dies-in-glider-crash- near-moriarty-airport
by MNLou Go to last post
40 340 Soaring
Wally Leland USAFA Soaring Program Founder Passes by Duster[_2_]
Wally Leland (Lt. Col James "Wally" Leland, ret) passed away on June 29th at the age of 90 in San Antonio. Wally was a founder of the USAF Academy's Soaring Program, held diamond badge #36 and was awarded the Bronze Star and DFC (Vietnam). He was a humble, enthusiastic man and will be greatly...
Yesterday 08:13 PM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Kawa to the lead... by [email protected]
at the 15 meter WC, in an ASG-29.
Dittel FSG 2T for sale (USA) by [email protected]
$690, very good condition, photos and contact info on Wings & Wheels miscellaneous for sale.
Wgc's by Paul T[_4_]
What is disappointing is how the new handicaps have played out in Club Class - now to be competitive it looks like you need to buy a ship costing at least 10k more than you would have had previously. Way to go FAI with your constant efforts to turning soaring into a 'rich persons sport',...
Yesterday 06:29 PM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
1 13 Soaring
Silent Skies by [email protected]
I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes nearby, even once in a while the distinctive sound of a radial. But not today. And why? Because...
Yesterday 06:04 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
2 17 Soaring
Capacity flask sizes for older PZL and Winter varios. by [email protected]
One of the varios just failed in my older glider. The Winter 5m/s is kaput. There's also a 1m/s unit that appears to be working. Both are from 1963. A friend gave me a PZL 10kt unit that appears to be working. He can't remember what it came out of. Anyone have specs on these older units? I would...
Yesterday 02:35 PM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
3 20 Soaring
Glider on ESPN at German Gran Prix by [email protected]
Anyone else catch the Glider thermalling low over Hockenheimring yesterday morning, during German Gran Prix free practice 2? Kudos to Paul di Resta of ESPN for knowing and explaining to the viewers how the glider uses the hot air rising up off the the track.
LS6b and D (seperately) ittel FSG2T by Dan M
I recently purchased an LS6B and was hoping for some assistance working the kinks out of it before flying. The canopy comes up and cocks off to (I think) the left. I was told this can be "shimmed." Indeed there were two rather large "nuts" near the base of the canopy that appear to adjust this....
Yesterday 05:59 AM
Emailing contest flight log to scorer by [email protected]
From the cockpit, I want to transfer my flight log to my phone and email it to the contest scorer. If your IGC approved logger is Bluetooth equipped and it is paired to your phone, is it just a simple matter of downloading log to phone and emailing the file? Are there any "security" issues or 3rd...
Yesterday 05:29 AM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
8 59 Soaring