Search: Posts made by: cavelamb[_2_]
Forum: Home Built August 22nd 10, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
RANS S-9 Chaos loses a wing

Morgans wrote:
"Garry O" wrote
One of the themes developing here it the recoverability of the air frame,
what a crock!!

I don't think that was the thrust...
Forum: Home Built August 19th 10, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
RANS S-9 Chaos loses a wing

rich wrote:
That Rans looks like a piece of crap. Of all the acrobatic planes out
there to choose from, why anyone would choose that model for that
purpose is beyond me. Is it cheap? is that...
Forum: Home Built August 19th 10, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
RANS S-9 Chaos loses a wing

Morgans wrote:
"Oliver Arend" wrote

Even if you have a BRS installed, it is advisable to try an emergency
landing in a suitable field, since very likely the...
Forum: Home Built August 18th 10, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
RANS S-9 Chaos loses a wing

Dan wrote:
Tom De Moor wrote:
In article ,
says...
Anyhow, how could someone see that and not be sold on ballistic
Forum: Home Built August 5th 10, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Air Vector Site

I cam across this site by happenstance and offer it for your edification
and entertainment. Might even be some education happening there.

http://www.vectorsite.net/indexav.html
--

Richard Lamb
Forum: Home Built July 23rd 10, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt,free.UseNet

John Doe wrote:
cavelamb cavelamb earthlink.net wrote:

Just babbling...

Look up gyroscopic precession - torque induced.

Might also consider tip speeds, and what happens when...
Forum: Home Built July 23rd 10, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Propeller or jet to push an in-line skater?

Just babbling...

Look up gyroscopic precession - torque induced.

Might also consider tip speeds, and what happens when props
contact things...

Oh, and just on a hunch, I've removed Free.usenet...
Forum: Home Built July 23rd 10, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt,free.UseNet
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Propeller or jet to push an in-line skater?

I'm trolling?
LOL!

Bye now...
Forum: Home Built July 22nd 10, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt,free.UseNet
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Propeller or jet to push an in-line skater?

John Doe wrote:
Dean damarkley gmail.com wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Garry O" wrote
"John Doe" wrote...
Forum: Home Built July 22nd 10, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Propeller or jet to push an in-line skater?

John Doe wrote:
Orval Fairbairn o_r_fairbairn earth_link.net wrote:

The model airplane guys have a very small (about 15" long, 5"
dia) turbojet that they use on scale jet R/C...
Forum: Home Built July 16th 10, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
World's loudest airplane

Stu Fields wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
Stu Fields wrote:
Now that is an achievement. We have been...
Forum: Home Built July 16th 10, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
World's loudest airplane

Stu Fields wrote:
Now that is an achievement. We have been slowly avoiding the Airshow format
that has to have a Harrier, or F16's busting my eardrums or a jet powered
truck drag race.
Way...
Forum: Home Built June 15th 10, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Heading Hold Gyro.

Peter Dohm wrote:
"brian whatcott" wrote in message
I expect, like me, you thought you knew what heading hold...
Forum: Home Built June 11th 10, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

wrote:
On Jun 7, 8:58 am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 23:27:43 -0400, "Peter Dohm"

Forum: Home Built June 7th 10, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

Peter Dohm wrote:
wrote in message
On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, "Peter Dohm"...
Forum: Home Built June 6th 10, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
PHOTOS: 17N - June 05, 2010

Stu Fields wrote:
"DV" wrote in message
PHOTOS: 17N - June 05, 2010

A couple interesting items, but not...
Forum: Home Built June 1st 10, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Aero engineer for designing homebuilt aircraft.

brian whatcott wrote:
cmyr wrote:

I chose what I believe is the best of both worlds by going with a
Jodel design. Efficient and economical on low H.P.,no apparent vices,
and most of...
Forum: Home Built May 12th 10, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
*TAP* TAP* TAP*

Garry O wrote:
Is this thing on or has my ISP set the new kid up as the nntp guru and
he stuffed the settings again :-)

It's been quite for a while...

--
Forum: Home Built April 2nd 10, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]

sounds to me that it flies just like the W8 Tailwind ...something that
I'm quite happy with.

your main gear legs are solid Wittman style tempered 6150 tapered rods
if they are built...
Forum: Home Built March 29th 10, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
brake bleeding

kimda makes ya wonder, doesn't it...
Forum: Home Built March 27th 10, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight,rec.models.scale,uk.rec.models.engineering
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
DIY Two-Stroke Engine

wesley marceaux wrote:
your too late,, Mr. Chotia made an engine for the weedhopper that is exactly
what you described..you can go to the weedhopper site and buy one for under
a hundred...
Forum: Home Built March 21st 10, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
On Mar 20, 1:46 pm, cavelamb wrote:
Fred,

You might also want to take a look at Paper Dragon.
Similar wing, but single tube...
Forum: Home Built March 20th 10, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

Fred,

You might also want to take a look at Paper Dragon.
Similar wing, but single tube tailboom.

All zipped up for you.

Richard
Forum: Home Built March 20th 10, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
No longer relevant to boat building so I've crossposted and set follow-
ups.
Thanks, r.b.b. guys!

On Mar 19, 8:55 pm, cavelamb wrote:
Forum: Home Built March 17th 10, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By cavelamb[_2_]
Lancair IV-P down at Hilton Head

Photo I saw on the web news, the airplane was in the water.

There have been two times I've had to deal with loss of power.

One was climbing out in Florida (mentioned before).

The other, I had 2000...