Glider sightseeing flights by Bob Pasker
Sightseeing flights within 25sm of an airport in airplanes and helicopters are conducted under 91.147 and 119.1(2) Does anyone know what regulation(s) control sightseeing flights in gliders? thanks, bob http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/91.147 http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/119.1
Today 02:26 PM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
5 221 Soaring
Glider Simulator Training at the USAFA by [email protected]
In the summer of 2018, the United States Air Force Academy began using Mach 0.1 Simulated Glider Cockpits as part of their "Glider Airmanship" course. The data collected from the course shows that the solo rate for students who completed the course in 2018 was more than double the solo rate of the...
What is the best point to jack up a Cobra Trailer ? by [email protected]
I changed a wheel in my Cobra trailer with the glider inside. I located the Jack just under the corner between the bottom and side wall, next to the fender. Looked flimsy, but held fine, no bending of wall or edge. Was I lucky or is this the right place to do it ? Dan
by 2G Go to last post
19 125 Soaring
Short film by Max Romey about New Zealand soaring by [email protected]
Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/1451621915054131/posts/2269375169945464/ https://youtu.be/y0wBcOD6nhk
Today 07:59 AM
by Glidergeek Go to last post
2 17 Soaring
US COMPETITION RULES COMMITTEE 2018 POLL RESULTS by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
Results of the US Competition Rules Committee 2018 Poll are now posted on the Contest Rules and Process page of SSA.org. Thanks to the large number of pilots who provided responses and detailed feedback. The Committee looks forward to further input and dialog as we head into the 2019 season....
Today 07:22 AM
by krasw Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
Auto-retracting spool for auto-towing gliders? by Luke Scharf
Does anyone know of auto-towing gear that will automatically retract the rope the glider releases? My club has just moved to a new airport, which has a runway long enough for auto-towing. However, we'd like to be able to clean up the runway quickly -- preferably while the tow vehicle is still...
Today 04:56 AM
by Luke Scharf Go to last post
6 57 Soaring
LiFePO4 chargers by [email protected]
My CP1230 LiFePO4 battery charger went south. Any suggestions on a replacement? What are you using for LiFePO4 batteries? Mine are 15 AH with BMS.
by Graham Drinkell[_2_] Go to last post
22 140 Soaring
Which Soaring weather service subscription is best? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
I think I'm going to subscribe to a Soaring weather forecast service. Which ones are great and easy to use without alot of prior knowledge? Skysight?
Yesterday 08:38 PM
by MNLou Go to last post