Search: Posts made by: Ross[_3_]
Forum: Soaring February 21st 20, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
US Team Selection Committe

Looking forward to helping the US team this year with 2 sailplanes. They have been proactive and should be well sorted.
Forum: Soaring February 5th 20, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Terry Delore Flight

A fantastic flight by a great guy! His passion and drive for the sport after all the years is amazing!
Go hard Terry!
Forum: Soaring January 2nd 20, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
AIR control display with Becker RT6201

It is a great unit
I had it like that in my Discus 2a. Easiest way to save space in a panel
The ACD is very user friendly
Press of a button change between meters and feet
Radio frequencies are...
Forum: Soaring December 16th 19, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: 302 & 303

Price reduced to $600 including postage
Forum: Soaring November 15th 19, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: 302 & 303

Selling a 302 and 303 that have had the date issue corrected
302 is in knots
$800 including postage
Forum: Soaring November 8th 19, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

I still have a couple of these if anyone is interested
Forum: Soaring October 3rd 19, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS8-18T hydraulic operation

Yes, that is correct.
Mine was 2002/2003 and had no accumulator. Depending where in the world you are you will have some difficulties getting it certified.
If you are US based then it will probably...
Forum: Soaring October 1st 19, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS8-18T hydraulic operation

Depends which version you have.
I had one of the first prototypes in mine.
Was a hydraulic pump, no electrics needed, and also no accumulator
The second version has one.
Forum: Soaring October 1st 19, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Older varios?

What Tango Whisky said!
Forum: Soaring September 28th 19, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS6 tail turbulators

Your previous one had it there because I put it there and I think I can still find the spreadsheet from LS with what is required
You won’t fall out of the sky without it so don’t panic too much ;)
Forum: Soaring September 21st 19, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Looking for 57 mm instruments

I have an ASI in knots here
I will be in Alabama in a week and can bring it with me if you like
Forum: Soaring September 17th 19, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Discus a price reduced

10 years in a trailer reminds me of a Discus 2a I bought
Hadn’t been out for 7
Was mouldy on the outer surfaces which did come up ok after a serious clean, sand and polish
The upholstery was rotten...
Forum: Soaring September 8th 19, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted to buy, Dittel radio wiring harness

I probably have a dynamic mic in the workshop that would match it well.
Let me know if you have no success.
If it happens to be the radio I can also assist with a replacement or repair
Forum: Soaring September 8th 19, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted to buy, Dittel radio wiring harness

What Dittel radio do you have and what are the issues you are having?
Forum: Soaring August 30th 19, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
3-rd European Junior Gliding Championships, Leszno, 1995

One of the most awesome comps I have been to. Crewed for Frank Hahn who won the club class
Ralf was looking a little younger then as was Derren Francis and Mac
Forum: Soaring August 27th 19, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Tow plane types/mods for high density altitude glider towing

I believe it was also used for at least one outlanding from a very small flat area in a river bed. The chopper didn't need a ground roll, and the glider didn't need much of one.

No, the Swiss team...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 19, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Tow plane types/mods for high density altitude glider towing

Best tow plane ( well helicopter) was a Hughes 500 D at the Warbirds airshow in NZ and the opening of the world gliding champs.
Take-off roll was about 60m and it went up at 1600ft per min.
The...
Forum: Soaring July 31st 19, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Altimeter in Millibars Wanted

Buy an ACD from Air Avionics.
It is a TSO approved digital altimeter and at the press of a button you can change from feet to meters and back.
It is also clever enough to be used as a head unit for a...
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 19, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
what is that noise?

Sounds like the wings are about to come off.

Kidding, I would be looking for signs of rubbing anywhere. Canopy is always a good place to start as they expand and contract the most.
Spars are a...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 19, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

Hi John,
ok, here come all your answers :)

1) What model glider is it? Why is it not airworthy? Where is it currently located? Where are you located?
It is an LS8T. One of several that were...
Forum: Soaring July 19th 19, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

Thanks Frank
I have called several of them and currently none are willing to help out.
I am not giving up easily but I need someone that can help
Forum: Soaring July 19th 19, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

I have purchased a sailplane in the US and am struggling with German authorities to get it certified due to their requirements.
The aircraft in question hasn't flown for 8 years and is not airworthy...
Forum: Soaring July 17th 19, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

Shipping is, as Jim stated, included in the price.
If someone wants 2 or 3 then the price will come down a little accordingly
I am posting from Europe, and had them overhauled at the authorized...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 19, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

In Germany at the authorized supplier
Should you need more info please contact me directly