Search: Posts made by: q
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 14th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By q
Hardest approach flown so far

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:30:41 -0700, q wrote:

Mountainous terrain is modeled for percipitious terrain additives.

Mr Q, can you fill us in on what...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 14th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By q
Hardest approach flown so far

Viperdoc wrote:
Basically, it's as I initially said. We were at 13,000 and then were cleared
to intercept the arc from the SW. I was still descending while trying to fly
the arc, and then...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 14th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By q
Hardest approach flown so far

Doug Vetter wrote:
Viperdoc wrote:

Oh, and speaking of mountains, if you think the terrain is bad on this
approach, check out the southern arc landing on 27. They have you
inbound at...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 14th 07, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By q
Hardest approach flown so far

wrote:

Terps allow a minimum of 500 feet above all obstacles in the
intermediate segment. Sounds normal to me, and probably the same in
multiple places across the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 14th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By q
Hardest approach flown so far

You don't really provide enough specifics about exact route, center
handling while still in radar contact, handoff, etc.

Having said that, at a terrain-laden airport like HLN, a piston aircraft
is...