IGC to replace FLARM ? ? by Jock Proudfoot
The budget of 20.000€ for design, development and procurement of IGC owned glider tracking system for use in WGC’s. Standards for the system are still to be determined but will focus on safety, fairness and transparency Not allow organizers of the championships to mandate a particular FLARM...
Today 07:42 PM
by John Cochrane[_3_] Go to last post
4 26 Soaring
Which Soaring weather service subscription is best? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
I think I'm going to subscribe to a Soaring weather forecast service. Which ones are great and easy to use without alot of prior knowledge? Skysight?
Today 06:53 PM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
4 5 Soaring
Parachute source for gliders and winches by JS[_5_]
Saw the ad in the AMA flyer for their Expo in Pomona. SSA Region 12 has a presence there. AMA Expo: https://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amaexpowest/files/2018/10/expowest-program-2018-web.pdf Fruity Chutes looks like a good source for chutes, including ballistic chutes. Anything from 12" diameter...
New LAK 17C by Paul T[_4_]
LAK's facebook page details a flight test of the new LAK 17C - yet gives scant few details about the new model. Anybody know how it differs from the B are they using the variable geometry miniflaps they have ben testing on a B model?
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
11 113 Soaring
ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture by [email protected]
I am making a new instrument panel for my ASW27. The original panel appears to have a textured overlay that looks similar to leather. As far as I can tell the panel was made from carbon fiber over a plug and then the texture was bonded to the panel most likely using a vacuum bagging method. It...
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
38 163 Soaring
Break-in for our newly overhauled towplane engine by [email protected]
Just wanted to fish for the procedures and experiences out there on this subject. Our overhauler and our mechanic both say no towing for 10-18 hours.... We can do this, of course, but we are eager to get back to towing as soon as we can. Any experience or procedures out there that might get us...
Today 12:36 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
3 82 Soaring
Tasman Vario and 2nd Seat Repeater by [email protected]
Tidewater Soaring is selling their Tasman V1000 vario, Tasman RDV50 2nd Seat Repeater and Tasman PK312 Backup Power Pack. Just removed from club PW 6 and works just fine. See details on GliderSource.com