Soaring Club Financials by [email protected]
Haven't seen much discussion of this topic and I'm rather curious what the consensus is. I know of some clubs that did not open this year. Other clubs opened late and still others opened and just as quickly closed. I'm curious what kind of shape that leaves the soaring community at large with to...
Today 02:29 AM
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
5 60 Soaring
How does my 1918 German barograph work? (Replogle mechanical drum) by Charles Gosse
I have a 1918 German barograph, photos are at the URL below. It appears complete but I do not know how to make it work. Apparently it has to be wound-up. I also have a photo of the underside of the metal tray, if you need to see that. https://www.aeroconservancy.com/flugzeug
Today 01:17 AM
by AS Go to last post
8 26 Soaring
Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
by 6PK Go to last post
39 127 Soaring
Promoting Soaring (Among Women) | Kudos MASA! by [email protected]
Many of us were deeply disappointed with a recent post on RAS with respect to women. I felt it was very counterproductive to the goals and desires of many people to promote soaring. Instead of engaging in that sad discussion, I reflected on some of my experiences surveying clubs in my region and...
Today 12:58 AM
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
6 27 Soaring
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots by Nathan Lemmon
If you're trying to restore your Libelle to original configuration, you might need a SOLLFAHRTGEBER. I have one that is available for sale. If you are interested, email me and I'll send you some photos.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 11:06 AM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post