Wanting to start a new glider club by John Foster
Hi everyone I just started glider flying lessons and I'M HOOKED!!! Unfortunately, the closest glider club is 3:45 hr drive away. I also live in an area that looks to me to be perfect for ridge soaring, with a range of mountains facing the west that runs for at least 85 miles, and possibly...
by Scott Williams Go to last post
24 83 Soaring
Used parachute wanted by Valentin Mayamsin
Hi! I'm buying my first glider and it doesn't come with parachute. I'm looking to buy a used parachute no older than 15 years. North California.
Yesterday 08:02 PM
by sisu1a Go to last post
4 23 Soaring
Cair Aviation Ltd by Allen Cherry
Anyone who can help, I am trying to contact Cair Aviation Ltd, for details on a vario manufactured by this company. Specifically, I need to know the type of connector that is fitted to it (there is a three-pin and a 5 pin circular bayonet connector) so that I can purchase the corresponding mating...
Yesterday 07:06 PM
by Allen Cherry Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Pee receptacle by Poppy Puppy
Some years ago a friend had a pee receptacle that, when stored, looked like a 35mm film container (remember those?), but contained a bladder that held about a litre of fluid. Does anyone know of the product its name, and who stocks them?
Yesterday 05:45 PM
by Paul Candler Go to last post
3 23 Soaring
Mounting tires on 3" solid tailwheels by [email protected]
I'm one of the club fixit guys, and I got a little obsessed with the task of mounting a tire on a Tost 3" dia. solid tailwheel. I tried all the good advice offered on this and other forums with zero success. Most likely I lack superhuman hand strength and three extra arms. Success took the form...
Sn10 by Dan Mockler
For sale: SN10B USB adaptor Two meters Kobo, 5" diagonal Top Hat software Mounting pad with USB to serial converter Ram mount Needs 5v power and gps signal.
Yesterday 02:58 PM
by Dan Mockler Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Tapered pins (again) by [email protected]
Helped the new owner beat his 27 together, last Sunday.............he looked shocked when I suggested he "taper" at least one pin. Nothing too severe, just 15 degrees and only on the part that extends out the back side of both spars. Found a 40mm pin in the barn from K-21 and it has 5 degree taper...
Task creation in flywithce by [email protected]
Hi all, I just purchased the FlywithCE Flight Recorder and downloaded the Logbook software. I'm trying to create tasks but I am unable to select or create any type of task. The task box says 'Unknown' and I can't change it to say a triangle or O&R. Haven't found any helpful information in the...
Easy and affordable IGC logger by Senna Van den Bosch
Since my FLARM doesn't have an SD card slot, I'm looking for an easy to use IGC logger. Right now, I can get the EW IGC-logger microRecorder for € 295, which has built in GPS, antenna, SD card and USB cable in the box. An LX Nano (regular nano, no display) is also an option, which is € 399,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 11:50 AM
by Senna Van den Bosch Go to last post
25 104 Soaring
Update to Annex B to IGC Sporting Code (SC3B) by Ian Strachan[_3_]
Annex B deals with Equipment Used in the Validation of Flight Performances, and with permission of the IGC Bureau has just been published on the FAI/IGC and GFAC web pages with Amendment 11. See: www.fai.org/igc-documents and www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC One factor in publishing now is that the...
Yesterday 11:18 AM
by Ian Strachan[_3_] Go to last post
0 15 Soaring
Phoebus A as a first glider by John Foster
What are your thoughts regarding the Phoebus A as a first glider for a low-time pilot who received their training in a 2-33? I have the opportunity to acquire a Phoebus for a very good price from the club that I'm training with, but it has not flown in over 15yrs. No one knows of any obvious...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 06:30 AM