World-Wide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange by John Leibacher
Unfortunately, there are some issues with the primary site (soaringweb.org, and the mirror sites soaring.geichhorn.com, soaring.guenther-eichhorn.com, and soaring.gahsys.com), so their content may not be up-to-date, with a restoration of service probably not before the end of August ;-( However,...
Yesterday 06:34 PM
by Curt Lewis - 95 Go to last post
5 40 Soaring
Advice re. Nimbus 3 OR 4Dt? by John McLaughlin
I'm just coming back into gliding after a long time grounded and I'm looking to buy a glider over the winter. A two seater seems a nice idea and the Nimbus seems to be a lot of glider for the money. Are they in any way difficult or unpleasant to fly? I know there have been structural failures...
Yesterday 05:59 PM
by Paul T[_4_] Go to last post
4 28 Soaring
WTB TRAY FOR DITTEL FSG 60M by Gary Guinn
Hello all, looking for a tray for a Dittel FSG 60M Mine is now officially missing in action.. thanks, Gary 918-704-0277
Yesterday 05:36 PM
by Gary Guinn Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Perlan Climbing by Tony[_5_]
Perlan has climbed above release height. I believe the first soaring flight this season for them. http://www.perlanproject.cloud/VirtualCockpit.html
Yesterday 05:30 PM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
Final Day Uvalde by [email protected]
Final Day 15M/Open Class Nats: Mark Keene on todays weather. Cirrus to NW, sliding to SW. It could become in play later. Southern area for tasks. Thermals 3000/4000 feet at 1pm, but gets better as the afternoon progresses, again in the SW. Sky Site shows 4/5 knots about 12:30 and gets better...
by Tom Kelley #711 Go to last post
14 44 Soaring
Cockpit Size and Comfort by Mike Rinaldi
I am looking to purchase a new (to me) XC ship. Which ones have the largest/roomiest cockpit? Not for a tall person, one with broad shoulders, about 5'9 and 200lbs. Discuss and Thank you in advance!
27 1,196 Soaring
Silent Skies by [email protected]
I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes nearby, even once in a while the distinctive sound of a radial. But not today. And why? Because...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 05:41 AM
by 2G Go to last post
44 351 Soaring
What has become of Gliding International? by 2G
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue,...
Yesterday 05:36 AM
by 2G Go to last post
5 99 Soaring
One man rigger wanted by Valentin Mayamsin
One man rigger wanted for my Jantar Std. 2 Thank you -Valentin
Yesterday 02:00 AM
by Scott Williams Go to last post