Forum: Soaring July 26th 14, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
50 shades of grey glider, whose glider is that in the movie trailer

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:31:25 PM UTC-4, SF wrote:

Sweet Jesus, what a horrible trailer. I don't care how much quality aerial footage there is in that film, it would never be worth sitting...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 13, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-13 Blanik models for sale, 1/48 scale, new in box,

I have had those kits sitting in a box for at least 20 years, I have no memory of where I got them, but it's cleanup time, so let the bidding begin.

On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:07:01 PM UTC-4,...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 13, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-13 Blanik models for sale, 1/48 scale, new in box,

I just put some model Blanik kits for sale on eBay. Two kits, new in box. They make great prizes for fun contests.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190892824340
Forum: Soaring December 20th 12, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

In contrast, Winscore was designed "from the ground up" as a scoring program specifically for US competition. It is supported "locally" and Guy Byars is obviously committed to keeping Winscore...
Forum: Soaring December 7th 12, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:56:44 PM UTC-5, Chilhowee wrote:
One last thing is I have to say is "WOW, did Guy Byars just say he'd
be happy to update Winscore with an option for FAI scoring?"...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 12, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:20:16 PM UTC-5, John Cochrane wrote:

There is no rules-required official scoring program. Use a slide rule

if you want to. 1-26ers use their own...
Forum: Soaring December 4th 12, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:31:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:22:01 AM UTC-8, wrote:

I am very interested how a contest would...
Forum: Soaring December 4th 12, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

I am very interested how a contest would be validated by the SSA competition committee if WINSCORE was not used.

If the SSA rules comittee approves a club class using FAI rules in the US, then...