Search: Posts made by: Darrel Toepfer
Forum: Home Built August 4th 08, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
13 Horsepower

Copperhead144 wrote:

It appears to be a one-lunger with a recoil starter.

-R.S.Hoover

This is a very insightful and thought provoking topic and I enjoyed
Forum: Owning August 4th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
OSH Sleeping

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Robert...

Quite frankly we don't give a hairy rat's ass about your experience
about camping in the Sierra. (Sierra IS singular, by the...
Forum: Owning August 4th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
OSH Sleeping

Ray Andraka wrote:

I second the ear plugs if you happen to be along the fence over by Friar
Tucks. Every morning last year there was at least one yahoo who
apparently...
Forum: Piloting July 21st 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
C-152 Leaseback: what's the scoop?

:

I can't speak to the 152 directly, but we used to run 150s and
their poor performance plus the fact that the O-200 often needed upper
cylinder work halfway...
Forum: Owning July 21st 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
C-152 Leaseback: what's the scoop?

:

I can't speak to the 152 directly, but we used to run 150s and
their poor performance plus the fact that the O-200 often needed upper
cylinder work halfway...
Forum: Home Built July 8th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
Ride from Florida to Oshkosh

denny wrote:

Team Tango will have three Tango 2s and a Chevy Suburban towing a
trailer going to Oshkosh again this year. We will have extra seats
available for anyone looking for a...
Forum: Owning June 28th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
Depression after Washing

Charles Talleyrand wrote:

At least this one has very few non-cosmetic squawks (dang nose wheel
shimmy).

Add shims, make sure the fork/hinge doesn't have cracks, make...
Forum: Piloting June 28th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
Depression after Washing

Charles Talleyrand wrote:

At least this one has very few non-cosmetic squawks (dang nose wheel
shimmy).

Add shims, make sure the fork/hinge doesn't have cracks, make...
Forum: Aviation Marketplace June 23rd 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Dan ...

I maintain on an inspection basis a few 11ACs. I have yet to see one
with that AD spar cracking problem.

One here had to have it...
Forum: Home Built June 23rd 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Dan ...

I maintain on an inspection basis a few 11ACs. I have yet to see one
with that AD spar cracking problem.

One here had to have it...
Forum: Home Built June 20th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

Scott Skylane wrote:

Sent to Gmail...

Got it, thanks... Haven't verified if it matches yet though...
Forum: Owning June 20th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

Scott Skylane wrote:

Sent to Gmail...

Got it, thanks... Haven't verified if it matches yet though...
Forum: Home Built June 19th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

"RST Engineering" wrote:

What kind of airplane and do you want it to look homebrew or
store-boughten?

Thanks for the reply Jim, its a Piper PA-20, not particular at...
Forum: Owning June 19th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

"RST Engineering" wrote:

What kind of airplane and do you want it to look homebrew or
store-boughten?

Thanks for the reply Jim, its a Piper PA-20, not particular at...
Forum: Home Built June 19th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

Scott Skylane wrote:
Darrel Toepfer wrote:
I have a recently purchased (eBay) Aircraft Radio Corporation audio
control panel with R-402 Marker Beacon Receiver. I...
Forum: Owning June 19th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

Scott Skylane wrote:
Darrel Toepfer wrote:
I have a recently purchased (eBay) Aircraft Radio Corporation audio
control panel with R-402 Marker Beacon Receiver. I...
Forum: General Aviation June 17th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.marketplace
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

I have a recently purchased (eBay) Aircraft Radio Corporation audio
control panel with R-402 Marker Beacon Receiver. I don't have the wiring
diagrams or operations manuals for either unit. I've...
Forum: Owning June 17th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.marketplace
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

I have a recently purchased (eBay) Aircraft Radio Corporation audio
control panel with R-402 Marker Beacon Receiver. I don't have the wiring
diagrams or operations manuals for either unit. I've...
Forum: Home Built June 17th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.marketplace
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

I have a recently purchased (eBay) Aircraft Radio Corporation audio
control panel with R-402 Marker Beacon Receiver. I don't have the wiring
diagrams or operations manuals for either unit. I've...
Forum: Aviation Marketplace June 17th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.marketplace
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
ARC Wiring Diagrams

I have a recently purchased (eBay) Aircraft Radio Corporation audio
control panel with R-402 Marker Beacon Receiver. I don't have the wiring
diagrams or operations manuals for either unit. I've...
Forum: Home Built June 16th 08, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
Glue removal - ceconite

Michael Horowitz wrote:

I'm in the process of removing the fabric covering (ceconite) from my
wings and am now faced with the problem of glue removal from the
Forum: Home Built June 9th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
Mixing alcohol with gasoline

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:

We also tried acetone,mek and some other octane boosters.
They all had the effect of reducing power.

MEK... Nearly $100 for 5 gallons......
Forum: Owning May 25th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I am in the process of buying an old Ercoupe in a new flying club
that I'm starting with two other guys. Our entire investment will be
$18,000 --...
Forum: Owning May 19th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

Kirk Ellis wrote:

Are half century old airplanes still viable machines? It sounds scary
buying something that is almost as old as I am.

Mines 55. '53 Pacer that starts getting all new skin...
Forum: Owning May 17th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Darrel Toepfer
garmin 496 - truning on and off mo xm subscription services....

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Had it in a rental car on a trip to buy a plane in Ohio, I heard too
many song repeats within a days time and the...