Search: Posts made by: Morgans[_2_]
Forum: Piloting August 15th 14, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
FAA says homebuilders have to build the components of their projects off-airport

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
FAA Says Hangars No Place For Homebuilders
Forum: Soaring May 6th 14, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Trailer Chains - To Cross of Not to Cross - That is the Question

"Andy" wrote

That of course leads to a completely different discussion - Why do
Americans insist on chains when the trailer designer did not intend them
to be...
Forum: Soaring May 6th 14, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Trailer Chains - To Cross of Not to Cross - That is the Question

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 3, 2014 7:14:14 PM UTC-4, JohnDeRosa wrote:

My mate was in...
Forum: Soaring May 5th 14, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Trailer Chains - To Cross of Not to Cross - That is the Question

"JohnDeRosa" wrote in message
I have been told that crossing your trailer safety chains is the right
thing to...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 14, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Water bag cleaning

"George Ballantyne" wrote in message
At 03:13 15 April 2014, K wrote:
In the process of overhauling my dump valves this...
Forum: Soaring December 19th 13, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Don't you just hate it when the propeller departs the aircraft?

"Dave Nadler" wrote in message
A prospect was checking out the nifty Antares 18T
sustainer system somewhere over...
Forum: Soaring December 16th 13, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
DG "service contract" revisited

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
As for experimental, racing aircraft, who can do maintenance and sign it
off...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 13, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Parcel Delivery by UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle)

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message
Forum: Home Built October 18th 13, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
SEAHAWKER AMPHIBIAN what can anyone tell me?good and bad.also im new

"meallene" wrote in message

Hello,I am new to the site and my first time posting...My question is on
the 1991...
Forum: Soaring October 7th 13, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
glider battery duration problems

"Dan Marotta" wrote

Then I read the spec sheet and found that the manufacturer does not
recommend parallel (or series) connections. I've sent them a message
Forum: Soaring September 30th 13, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Oximeter issues

wrote in message
That's amazing at your age Eric. Probably a defective oximeter.

Also could be that he has...
Forum: Piloting September 30th 13, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Hello from sunny South Texas!

" Holy cow, Jim -- and didn't you already have a really bad back? Ugh.

Glad to hear a full recovery is in the cards. I hope flying is in your
future, too!?
--
Jay

Yep, I hope. I was...
Forum: Piloting September 22nd 13, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Hello from sunny South Texas!

"george152" wrote

Sad to hear.
I blame the 13 in the year for your accident and look forward to your full
recovery

Thanks.

I do have a whole new respect for people in...
Forum: Piloting September 22nd 13, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Hello from sunny South Texas!

Oh, and happy birthday!
Forum: Piloting September 22nd 13, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Hello from sunny South Texas!

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol'
rec.aviation,...
Forum: Home Built August 25th 13, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt

"Barnyard BOb" wrote

Whoa!

The world must be a-changing.
1. A dog with average IQ wouldn't miss Dr. Zoom Campbell.
2. Never heard a bad word about Mr. Wier or is...
Forum: Home Built May 26th 13, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt

Bug Dout wrote:
Richard writes:

And I'm really not pleased with the web forum format.
Not compared to the Usenet format anyway.
Things drift off the front page...
Forum: Home Built April 17th 13, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Can't remember ----

"Barnyard BOb" wrote
Hi Ed....
Thought you were dead.

Barnyard Bob - Still flying the RV3

Hi BoB

Ed may not be dead, but this group sure has been. Still, I check it...
Forum: Piloting March 26th 13, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
ground travel

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 01:29:22 +0000, twisbar
Forum: Soaring January 2nd 13, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Chuckle

"bumper" wrote in message
On Monday, December 31, 2012 9:00:33 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Given: the...
Forum: Piloting November 13th 12, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
I really like this plane

"Mark IV" wrote in message
At first this video almost looked like one of
those cheesy...
Forum: Piloting September 2nd 12, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
R.I.P. Highflyer

"Stella Starr" wrote

Tragic news this week. One of the first friends I met when I joined this
group as a student pilot has died in the crash of his "second" plane.

Friends who knew John...
Forum: Soaring December 26th 11, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
cobra alum trailer re finish

"Morgans" ``````Should have said -----correction change
to --------

I will speak to the paint. One ------step----- auto paints are very
tricky, to use and
get an acceptable...
Forum: Piloting October 4th 11, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Strange But (Un)True?

Responding to nut jobs in _ANY_ way give the nut what he wants.

It is the reason that this group is all but dead and gone, from the last nut
in here.

Please, everyone, let them babble. Most of us...
Forum: Home Built September 26th 11, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Morgans[_2_]
Group Activity

How about using outboard wing only ailerons (might need to make them
bigger) and keep the slats on the aileron portion, only?

-- Jim in NC

Oh, like on the Globe Swift from the 1940s? ...