Glider featured in a 1976 Camaro Commercial by Gianni Isotope
I randomly came across this (very grainy) video on TikTok -- a commercial for a 1976 Camaro, featuring a glider. https://www.tiktok.com/@rweldon122266/video/6917783950542867717?lang=en Does anyone remember seeing this back in the day? Also, does anyone know who the pilot was, and where this was...
Today 01:42 AM
by Wallace Berry[_2_] Go to last post
1 21 Soaring
FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B by Dave Nadler
Hi All - FLARM has announced release of firmware supporting ADS-R and TIS-B reception. This feature is included in new firmware for Core Fusion. For original PowerFLARM core and portable, this requires a license available he https://flarm.com/shop/ads-r-and-tis-b-reception-adsr/ Firmware is...
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
23 102 Soaring
Student pilot on tow versus a blimp by kenward1000
Thought about this event recently. Beautiful fall Sunday afternoon in '89, Fremont, CA. I'd earned solo privs for a SGS 2-33, building up time towards the flight test. The 49ers were playing at home, someone is flying passengers around the SF Bay in an ex-Fuji blimp. I hear it's not cheap. ...
Today 01:09 AM
by Mark Mocho Go to last post
6 63 Soaring
Oudie GPS by Dennis Cavagnaro
I took out my Oudie today to charge it and could get it to reconcile GPS. Normally I just rest it and in a few minutes it starts to recognize its internal GPS. But all I see is the see you no data from GPS notice. Its never done this before... any one even seen this? DC
Today 12:41 AM
by Dennis Cavagnaro Go to last post
0 3 Soaring
How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared? by Semantics Michael
The sport of soaring is, of course, a relatively small community and what might impact our suppliers and dealers can affect us all. Curious as to how the US and non-US suppliers have fared so far during the pandemic. In any case, may 2021 bring them a better New Year!
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
34 267 Soaring
Join Us In Vero Beach by [email protected]
Treasure Coast Soaring Club located in Vero Beach will be conducting the Soaring Safari during March, You may be our club guest and fly the best soaring conditions in Florida. This year once again we will be promoting the challenge of Lake O or you may want to soar the Florida straights, stretching...
New Oudie - volume location by Dan Daly[_2_]
A friend just picked up a new Oudie for Christmas. It is the new revision (picture of the Oudie on a background of clouds on upper half of screen, what was on the second page of the old version underneath). There is no obvious method of changing volume on the home screen, where before, it was at...
Yesterday 04:04 PM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
3 12 Soaring
soaring on Mars? by Moshe Braner
If there are dust devils there is lift! https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/a-nasa-photo-celebration-of-curiosity-rovers-3000th-day/
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
15 277 Soaring
First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Surge
A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider and I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I do realize that a flapped, long winged glider is not the best choice for a low time pilot which is why I will keep the glider in a hangar while I first build up...
by krasw Go to last post
117 2,988 Soaring
Looking for PA25-235 Carb Air Box by Larry Ruggiero
Our Pawnee’s air box has gotten pretty worn out, including a previous linkage repair. If you have a serviceable one lying around or know of a source, please let me know (don’t think anyone’s making new ones). Ours has the Brackett air filter mod but I don’t think that makes a difference....