More trailer tire/wheel issues by [email protected]
I pulled my Cobra up the Sierras to Sparks, Nv and then blew the right tire (6” of tread separated and took the fender off too). Tire and wheel were Not even warm. Put on the spare and drove the final 20 miles. Next morning I jacked up one wheel and took 2 tires and rims in and got 6 ply trailer...
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
25 66 Soaring
Mountain Flying - Soaraspen.com by Bill G
I just wanted to put out to the group that I have been offering scenic tours in my Stemme S-10V since 2015 from Aspen, Colorado. If you know anyone who comes here to visit or if you would like to get a chance to fly in a dense mountainous environment to practice or learn mountainous terrain cross...
Today 02:50 AM
by Bill G Go to last post
9 39 Soaring
Antennae by John McCullagh[_2_]
I have a new glider on order and naturally I want to build-in all the things it will need over the next ten years at least, rather than adding things later piecemeal. In the non-carbon part of the fin I plan to have a radio aerial, a transponder aerial and a Flarm aerial. However it seems that...
No LXNav TrafficView Manual??? by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
The new LXNav TrafficView has been available for a while now. But where the heck is the manual? I know, I know, it is similar enough to the older FlarmView so we can "just figure things out". But a new expensive product and no manual available at startup? Really? One thing we have all...
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
13 44 Soaring
what is that noise? by gregv
Hello, I fly a 1979 Nimbus 2 carbon, and since a few years I hear a cracking noise behind me. That noise occurs more often after a few hours of flight, maybe related to temperature change with altitude. You can hear the cracking noise in this...
by Craig Funston[_3_] Go to last post
13 57 Soaring
Glidersource ads- No response? by [email protected]
I have sent several messages through Glidersource.org inquiring about some instruments listed in their classified ads. Glidersource has sent me messages saying that the inquiry has been forwarded to the seller, but I have not received any response from him. Anybody else run into a problem like...
Region 11 Truckee, California - FINAL CONTEST DAY - GOES-17 vis Videoand Flight Track by WaltWX[_2_]
Kudos.. to the R11 organizers, CDs and pilots for pulling of a difficult contest. Poor weather resulted in 4 days of contest flying including one California Grand Prix task. The last day was the only real racing day, won by John Cochrane "BB" in his ASH-31mi. It shows a classic Minden/Truckee...
Yesterday 11:09 PM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
4 30 Soaring
Ventus rigging advice, please? by John McLaughlin
I've recently started flying a Ventus2. I can't rig the thing without a lot of struggle. The trouble is, there's a cover above the spars and you can't see anything once the first wing is in. I struggle to get the second wing to fit, never knowing whether it's a bit too high or a bit too low....
by John McLaughlin Go to last post
38 274 Soaring
Supplemental oxygen by 2G
The other day a couple of pilots were treating 123.3 as their private chat line which I was forced to listen to so I could hear my friend's hourly position reports. One of the things one kept (repeatedly) talking about was having to descend to 12,500 to "reset" the 30 minute clock. This is entirely...
Yesterday 05:42 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
1 10 Soaring
Flarmview versus Flarmview 57 by [email protected]
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to...
Yesterday 04:53 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
8 47 Soaring
LS8-18 for Sale, New Poly finish, great panel- by [email protected]
Search W & W adds with "LS8" for details. Randy Hollenberg. 281-414-8870