Aerobatic Glider Accident Video by [email protected]
Said to be a recent aerobatic accident in Germany. No known details. Can you translate what is said at the end of the video? What is the glider type? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm66k3F1bv8
Today 02:40 AM
by AS Go to last post
8 13 Soaring
Solution Manual Introduction to Communication Systems (Upamanyu Madhow) by [email protected]
I require the solution manual to Introduction to Communication Systems by Upamanyu Madhow. Thanks a lot in advance!
Borgelt Dynamis variometer by Mike Borgelt[_2_]
Well we finally got all the algorithms right and the plus and minus signs in the right places. It took a lot longer than we thought until we made a testing breakthrough. One day the story will get told. Our beta testers report they are very happy and could not fault it. Search Youtube for Borgelt...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
19 183 Soaring
Bad couple days in Europe by [email protected]
Two dead. DG-800 in Spain. Lak Mini FES in Germany. Both during takeoff/launch.
Battery safety (againish) by Jonathan St. Cloud
Was wondering if others had read and were doing this: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/wp-content/uploads/filebase/Data/serviceinfos-en/2019-103-e.pdf The ASG-29E has a gas tank directly above two batteries used to power flight instruments.
by kinsell Go to last post
24 95 Soaring
TOW PLANE Accident by Richard Garrity
Skyline Soaring Club has suffered a tragic loss of a member in the crash of our tow plane. The accident occurred on October 7th while towing an ASK21.. The glider released at very low altitude and returned safely to the airport. The NTSB is investigating and factual information is shown on their...
by Roy B. Go to last post
106 1,039 Soaring
Electric sustainer registration in US by Pete Wizz
Hi There, I have an certified glider registered in US, glider has been send to Europe for a little tuning recently. Part of this is an electric front sustainer which according to Europe regulations should be certified too but is not during to local bureaucracy. I am not sure if the glider should...
Today 12:12 AM
by Tom (TK) Go to last post
2 1 Soaring
New Horten wing wing by Jonathan St. Cloud
https://www.flyer.co.uk/world-debut-for-horten-flying-wing-at-aero/?fbclid=IwAR3pS0kLC0GNBTYGdBH2Uu2L4TfISSPagO5kqvvOMtyRcgA510lUM7Lu7N8
Yesterday 11:28 PM
by Bret Hess Go to last post
5 44 Soaring
Experience with GoPro Smart Remote? by Terry Pitts
Who has some experience using the GoPro Smart Remote from a glider cockpit? If I could count on it to start a camera on the tail or wingtip, it would be a time saver for me. Now, if I video an aerobatic flight I'll start any external cameras before getting in the glider. So, I end up with a lot...
Yesterday 11:15 PM
by Dave White[_2_] Go to last post
2 14 Soaring
high tow vs low tow by Steve Koerner
As a US pilot, I've flown low tow a few times but mostly just high tow as that is the convention here. I'm wondering what all of the trade-offs are by the two methods? Might it be time to reconsider this? As pointed out on another thread, low tow would seem to be safer against the problem of...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
46 152 Soaring
Glider Accident Video by [email protected]
Said to be a recent aerobatic accident in Germany. No known details. Can you translate what is said at the end of the video? What is the glider type? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm66k3F1bv8
Yesterday 08:51 PM
by Jonathon May Go to last post
by Gordon Walker[_2_] Go to last post
3 18 Soaring
Our soaring friends: storks by Tom BravoMike
As there were many discussions about how soaring birds help us find thermals, this may be of interest to at least some of us: storks have arrived today, after a long trip from Africa, to Przygodzice, just south of Ostrow Wielkopolski in Poland, the site of WGC 2018. You can watch them live improve...
Ventus 3 price by Gilder Racer 1
Hi can someone let me know how much a Schempp Hirth Ventus 3 retails for? I had a look at their website but I've cant seen to find a price. Thanks.
Yesterday 10:25 AM
by John Galloway[_1_] Go to last post