Search: Posts made by: Paul Tomblin
Forum: Home Built February 23rd 18, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Identify this airplane, please

In a previous article, said:
I have a friend who bought an airplane in 1962, and he cannot remember the make.
It was a white or cream taildragger with tandem seating and a...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 26th 15, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Radio Protocol re "Flight Level"

In a previous article, said:
We just got "climb and maintain 18000" yesterday, which is why I am here
now. I content that a clearance to 18000 means using local...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 26th 15, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In a previous article, said:
We just got "climb and maintain 18000" yesterday, which is why I am here
now. I content that a clearance to 18000 means using local...
Forum: Home Built May 28th 12, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Looking for info on world record jet aircraft

In a previous article, Bob Moore said:
However....just Google BD-5J and you will find that there have been
several built and I have personally seen one of fly an...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 9th 10, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Rename this Newsgroup

In a previous article, Sam Spade said:
And, a disclaimer: This group is NOT about serious discussion of IFR
procedures and issues.

The solution to "lack of on-topic...
Forum: Home Built August 15th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
what plane fits this mission? (II)

In a previous article, jan olieslagers said:
-) No I don't really want the 4 seats, I want a tourer for 2 persons and
a lot but then really a lot of luggage.
-) Yes...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 22nd 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Paul Tomblin
One thing is certain, this isn't an IFR group

In a previous article, Sam Spade said:
This group has fallen to new lows. It's now ads for junk and videos of
flights that are as boring as photos of the new baby.

You know...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 11th 09, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Paul Tomblin
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

In a previous article, "Ash Wyllie" said:
Sam Spade opined
I suspect ISP administrators look at all the obscene trash and
name-calling that goes on in unmoderated Usenet groups,...
Forum: Owning April 17th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Jay Maynard -- uh oh

In a previous article, xyzzy said:
Don't know if he's still here, he bought one of these last year and
chronicled it for...
Forum: General Aviation March 15th 09, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By Paul Tomblin
How hard would it be to make my own headset?

I really like the earplug style headsets. I had a Quiet Technologies, but
it got stolen, and now I have a Clarity Aloft. But it amazes me that
they're as expensive as the normal clamp-style...
Forum: General Aviation March 1st 09, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Stall Warning - AofA

In a previous article, said:
Anyway, for something a little fancier yet, a kind of lift reserve or
AofA indicator that takes two pitot tubes to a differential pressure...
Forum: Owning February 27th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Cellphone weather inflight

In a previous article, said:
road a lot. Does anyone here have that service, does it work well for you,
and more importantly, does it work inflight? Might be a good answer...
Forum: Owning December 26th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Turbo Dakota question

In a previous article, Clark said:
(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:
In a previous article, "Mike Noel"...
Forum: Owning December 26th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Turbo Dakota question

In a previous article, "Mike Noel" said:
Happy Holidays to the group.
I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was built
for only about a year...
Forum: Owning October 31st 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Ping Jay Honeck - heres your new GPS

In a previous article, "Mike Isaksen" said:
http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/webclip/696demo.cfm

I got my Victor Airways feature (yeah,... I fly the East Coast so I still...
Forum: Home Built September 14th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Flyin' (sky)Ferraris OR The media is catching on...

In a previous article, wright1902glider said:
The press might finally be catching...
Forum: Home Built August 29th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Riveting question

In a previous article, Michael Horowitz said:
[snip]

I didn't find that question particularly riveting.

Sorry. :-)

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Forum: Owning August 23rd 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning

In a previous article, Dave S said:
For a N/A arrow, my club required 10 in type or 25 multi plus a 2 hr
checkout (could be inclusive of the type or multi hours), plus 100...
Forum: Owning August 23rd 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Best Choice for a New Plane

In a previous article, "Kyle Boatright" said:
With that in mind, why not a Piper 6X? Huge load carrier, decent speed, and
they are still making 'em today. Should be...
Forum: Home Built August 4th 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Osh flight line radios...

In a previous article, "Morgans" said:
"pho" wrote in message
I picked up one of these cool radios, but it...
Forum: Products August 3rd 08, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.products
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Aviation Software for older GPS units

In a previous article, "richg99" said:
Are there any Aviation GPS software add-ons that can be added to older
Garmin /Magellan "ground type" gps units? thanks Rich...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules August 1st 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Paul Tomblin
IFR to Oshkosh without an IFR reservation

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
I only ask because your interpretation doesn't make sense. If FAH is
in the RIPON sector then he woudln't be able to...
Forum: Piloting August 1st 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Oshkosh 2008 Photos

In a previous article, John said:
Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it...
Forum: Home Built August 1st 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Paul Tomblin
Oshkosh 2008 Photos

In a previous article, John said:
Maybe I am spoiled. I keep expecting that in this modern age there
will be plenty of photos of an event like AirVenture even while it...
Forum: Restoration August 1st 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.homebuilt