Search: Posts made by: Jim Logajan
Forum: Soaring September 16th 12, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
Famous people in soaring

Ramy wrote:
While Neil Armstrong was one of the most famous glider pilots, he
wasn't the only one. Other famous people who where also glider pilots
which I recall: John...
Forum: Piloting December 21st 11, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
question on VOR intersections

I wrote:
Click on "FAA Airspace Fix Lookup" which takes you he

https://nfdc.faa.gov/nfdcApps/airportLookup/fixes.jsp

Here's a copy-and-paste of the info for a fix in Oregon called VAUGN...
Forum: Piloting December 21st 11, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
question on VOR intersections

Skywise wrote:
Anyone know what I'm looking for?

I believe the "National Flight Data Center" (NFDC) is THE source that the
sites mentioned by other posters get their...
Forum: Piloting November 21st 11, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
spins, c of a, & regs

crashdummy wrote:
On 11/20/2011 02:26 PM, vaughn wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Soaring November 7th 11, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
2-33 - $25K?

ray conlon wrote:
K&L the outfit run by Kyle and Less Schweizer, will overhaul and
completely refurbish a 2-33 for about 65K, depending on the condition
of the bird that can...
Forum: Soaring November 3rd 11, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
2-33 - $25K?

Mike wrote:
There is a 2-33 for sale on W&W for $25,000. I hope that's a typo.

If the answer to the question "Does it have a high-time engine?" is "no"
you can ask for a...
Forum: Home Built November 3rd 11, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jim Logajan
Another senior Obama advisor

bartbrn wrote:
Is this group not moderated?

It is not moderated.
Forum: Soaring October 18th 11, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
Who is responsible?

JJ Sinclair wrote:
Who is primarily responsible for my safety?

Are you a private pilot, a student pilot, or a passenger?
Forum: Piloting October 5th 11, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
9/11 Truths

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Try fish. I understand it's brain food.

He certainly is fishing. ;-)

How's life with you these days, good sir?
Forum: Piloting October 4th 11, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Strange But (Un)True?

Tom wrote:
*LOLOLOLOL*

No no no - now THIS is hilarious:

http://www.theonion.com/video/911-conspiracy-theories-ridiculous-al-qaeda-says,14222/
Forum: Piloting October 4th 11, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Strange But (Un)True?

wrote:
Babbling nut case.

Could be Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posting to r.a.p.
:-)
Forum: Home Built September 24th 11, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jim Logajan
Group Activity

"Jeff R." wrote:
but I'm put off Savannah just simply because of their unethical
poaching of CH's designs.

Just FYI: Eric Giles, the fellow who created Skykits Corporation (the...
Forum: Home Built September 24th 11, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jim Logajan
Group Activity

"Jeff R." wrote:
If you were interested in building a Zenith CH-701 (or similar), would
you go for the leading edge wing slats(as designed), or dispense with
them and use vortex...
Forum: Soaring August 30th 11, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
Glider Videos with Music

ContestID67 wrote:

I have compiled a group of YouTube glider videos which are all set to
music. Below is a link.

Enjoy and let me know if you find any other Glider...
Forum: Home Built August 23rd 11, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Jim Logajan
Request for guidance -

Gypsy1 wrote:
Newcomer (Super Senior) - Would like to post a URL for a Google blog
site ("From the INSIDE Looking OUT") which is presently in a Beta stage.
Forum: Soaring August 10th 11, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
PowerFlarm at Uvalde?

Luke wrote:
On 08/09/2011 5:42 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 8/9/2011 1:01 PM, Luke wrote:
On 08/09/2011 12:58 AM, Rob Cluxton wrote:

Where are your GPS antenas...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 11, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
PowerFLARM at Uvalde

Darryl Ramm wrote:
There was a lot there not to agree with, what in particular don't you
agree with?

He tried to close the dialog more diplomatically than I would, yet...
Forum: Piloting July 8th 11, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Ground Track Maneuvers?

Mike Rhodes wrote:
Ground track maneuvers do require extra coordination, but none of it
useful during flight by most any pilot.

Cynthia Smith appears to have already...
Forum: Soaring July 2nd 11, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim Logajan
Competitor to SPOT?

Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 7/2/2011 8:28 AM, Bill D wrote:
On Jul 2, 7:56 am, Grider wrote:
Automatic Position Reporting System...
Forum: Piloting June 28th 11, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Electriflying

wrote:
100LL Avgas is 44 MJ/kg.

Batteries need to be able to produce better than 20 MJ/kg to be
generally usefull for transportation.

The Avgas energy density is...
Forum: Piloting June 27th 11, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Electriflying

wrote:
vaughn wrote:

wrote in message

transportation,...
Forum: Piloting May 29th 11, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Air France Black Box ResultsPilot Error

"Robert Barker" wrote:
And to protect Airbus, they'll call it "pilot error".

Based on what I've read, that is most likely the case. As I understand it,
this isn't the...
Forum: Piloting May 26th 11, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Air France Black Box ResultsPilot Error

James Robinson wrote:
"vaughn" wrote:

"The pilots of an Air France jet that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean
two years ago apparently became...
Forum: Piloting May 10th 11, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
FBO in ANC?

Tobias Dussa wrote:
I'll be in Anchorage for a week or so soon and am toying with the
thought of renting a plane for a small sightseeing trip or so. -:)

Does anyone here...
Forum: Piloting April 18th 11, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jim Logajan
Private Pilot Certificate, or Lightsport Pilot

Mark IV wrote:
There are a few things that
concern me about flight instruction. One is...paying
for unnecessary time,

Understandable but on closer inspection not...