Search: Posts made by: OregonGliderPilot
Forum: Soaring October 29th 19, 04:12 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
If Sam doesn’t take it, I will. Thank you.

If Sam doesn’t take it, I will. Thank you.
Forum: Soaring August 21st 19, 03:50 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
You mentioned Montague, Shasta Valley Soaring...

You mentioned Montague, Shasta Valley Soaring uses Goboko.co.uk with success, but there are not many of us. Worth a look and it is free.
Forum: Soaring August 18th 19, 02:57 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
ASW 17 water ballast system

Might anyone know of any components or complete water ballast parts for an ASW 17? I am aware that the bags are sometimes available from Herr Streifeneder, but the lead time is long and the costs are...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 18, 03:29 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
To be pedantic, in the UK it is Licensed Aircraft...

To be pedantic, in the UK it is Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
Forum: Soaring September 30th 17, 04:56 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I have the drawings for the Kestrel gearbox and...

I have the drawings for the Kestrel gearbox and there are no separate bearings DU or otherwise as such in the gearbox, just Glasflugel's standard ptfe tape and resin mix embedded in the shells of the...
Forum: Soaring April 20th 16, 04:40 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
Powered civil aircraft is a different category...

Powered civil aircraft is a different category from gliders. All forms of motor gliders are just gliders that can self launch, tour or sustain themselves. 91.205 is not relevant to gliders, but the...
Forum: Soaring August 19th 15, 08:08 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I use this,...

I use this, http://plane-perfect.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/eob as a basic canopy cleaner. Doesn't seem to smear or leave marks on the surrounding frame or instrument panel cover. Very...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 15, 03:46 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
What is the condition of them? Spare dials or...

What is the condition of them? Spare dials or just the computer unit?

Thanks,
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 15, 04:51 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
[[email protected];895414]Steve, ...

;895414]Steve,
you are right, good ground handling equipment is a must, the one man wing rigger is also a must, I am working on a hydraulic ramp jack right now, my...
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 14, 09:32 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I'm happy with my old SDI C4 an (I think) even...

I'm happy with my old SDI C4 an (I think) even older Borgelt B.40. Both
make nice noises of the appropriate type and the B.40 has a really fast
response.

Conversely, a friend recently installed...
Forum: Soaring October 20th 14, 09:00 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
Message sent....

Message sent....
Forum: Soaring September 5th 13, 08:06 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I have a complete VP3 ( main, display, wiring )....

I have a complete VP3 ( main, display, wiring ).

Do you have a price in mind, or perhaps you might have some sympathy with JJ's point of view?

Thanks!

MG
Forum: Soaring September 5th 13, 08:03 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
[/i][/color] The VP-3 is quite archaic by todays...

[/i][/color]
The VP-3 is quite archaic by todays standards and not worth spending any money fixing. The main unit makes a good boat anchor! I do have the owners guide if you want it.
JJ

Hello...
Forum: Soaring September 5th 13, 03:32 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
Peschges VP3

Would anyone have a Peschges VP3 wiring harness and display in the depths of their garage or old instrument store? I have the main unit from way back and I thought it would be interesting to see if...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 11, 03:03 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I have a 302 that I might well swap for SN10. The...

I have a 302 that I might well swap for SN10. The 302 is around three years old and updated to USB. Works fine.
Forum: Soaring January 21st 11, 02:55 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
[QUOTE=Larry Goddard;760470]Thanks!!!! Should...

[QUOTE=Larry Goddard;760470]Thanks!!!!

Should have poked around further on the website before giving up....

Larry

I have a .dwg of my ASG29 large panel if you are still looking.

MG
Forum: Soaring September 6th 09, 09:10 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I think they were posted on the BGA website...

I think they were posted on the BGA website once?

OGP
Forum: Soaring September 5th 09, 08:35 PM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
I suspect that in this case they were probably...

I suspect that in this case they were probably using the standard 1/4" polypropylene ropes with a theoretical rated breaking load of 1,000lbs. Even after a few tows off an asphalt runway I would...
Forum: Soaring September 5th 09, 02:07 AM
Posted By OregonGliderPilot
Gary, I suspect the loads transmitted via the...

Gary,

I suspect the loads transmitted via the tow rope would never be anywhere near enough to bend the mounting plate, even if the rope had not broken at its rated stength of around 1,000 lbs.

Have...