Pawnee Tow Release by Bob Youngblood
I am currently rebuilding another Pawnee and converting from a spray plane to a tow plane. Extensive work has been completed on this bird, and I am about ready to install the tow hook. This is the third Pawnee that I have converted and I have used the hopper dump handle as the tow release handle...
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
23 249 Soaring
Open Cirrus for sale by Geoff Minors
Just seeing if there is any interest in my Open Cirrus? Located in Alberta. Price US$13,000 Glider is in good shape. Trailer is a bit ugly needs some work but towable. I can send pics on request. I just don't get the opportunity to fly it as I seem to be always in the back seat instructing. I...
Today 06:27 PM
by Geoff Minors Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Act now before your wings are defaced by [email protected]
Sorry, eh? I am sorry to interrupt your normally highly productive use of the internet. But your glider is at risk. It is only time separating you from the obvious damage coming to your aircraft soon. When I bought my first glass ship, the competition letters had been applied with EXTENSIVE use of...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
19 114 Soaring
A wooden control stick grip by Tom BravoMike
The grip in my 1984 Ventus is worn out and a bit sticky. I have always thought it would be nice to have a wooden one, e.g.: https://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/elpages/taeakwoodgripstandard.php Anyone has tried something like that? Are they much bigger/thicker than the factory ones? BTW, which...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
11 60 Soaring
Any Glider Pilot Connections with Beale AFB in California by Paul Remde
Hi, This is completely off-topic, but I thought there might be a chance that a glider pilot would have a connection with Beale Air Force Base in California. My father served in the U.S. Air Force in a missile silo on or near Beale in the early 1960s. We're visiting that area with him this week...
Today 12:11 PM
by Rich Owen[_2_] Go to last post
1 22 Soaring
another crash by kinsell
https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article234517642.html Seems to be an unusually bad season for accidents.
by Nick Gilbert[_2_] Go to last post
86 460 Soaring
Kawa rough landing? by Jonathan St. Cloud
Not sure how accurate FB translate is, but it appear as if Mr. Kawa had some sort of incident with an electric motor not working and a rough uphill landing. Gas, electric or jet be careful guys!
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post