Wood glider outdoor storage by Sky Surfer
Random question (kinda): Can an all-wood homebuilt glider be tied down outside year-round in a dry climate (e.g., Colorado) and be weather-protected by padded covers? The glider's plywood skin is covered by a layer of thin fiberglass, then painted. I guess I'm asking for actual experience or...
Today 01:07 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
4 12 Soaring
Leader of the free world by Jim White[_3_]
US to pull out of WHO permanently. Abstention is no way to demonstrate leadership. God help us all No doubt this post will be deleted as politically incorrect....
by Waveguru Go to last post
20 57 Soaring
SSA Webinar July 14 2020 Buying & Selling Gliders, New & Used (I'veGot 33 tucked away!) by [email protected]
SSA Webinars are free. They were initiated as a way to archive the knowledge of experienced soaring persons on a variety of topics, in a user entertaining manner. All webinars are archived and also free at www.ssa.org/Webinars. Most of them also qualify for FAA WINGS Program credits, if you...
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27 by Bob Youngblood
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE. He advised me to...
by CindyB[_2_] Go to last post
139 897 Soaring
GREAT fun and scenic flight by Joe Bostic by Bob T
Joe Bostic had the opportunity and pleasure yesterday to fly toward Durango and over Silverton and Telluride on a flight from Moriarty, getting to see the color and grandeur of the San Juan mountains many of us in SW Colorado used to view almost daily when flying from the now closed down Val Air...
Yesterday 10:45 PM
by Bob T Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
One Degree of Separation by Jonathan St. Cloud
While not technically a soaring story it is aviation. I thought the group could use some fun from a real story and whom among us hasn't given a ride to someone we wished we hadn't. One Degree of Separation Full disclosure, this is a true story, but with plausible deniability and to protect me...
Yesterday 08:41 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate by son_of_flubber
I searched and did not find that this topic was already posted on RAS. Here's the video that documents the infraction https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QwK9wu8Cxeo&feature=emb_logo Here's Bruno's recent comment: 2 weeks ago Update 10 months later: I uploaded this video and 4 days...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
50 279 Soaring
Glider tows at Nephi by John Gonthier
Glider tows will be available most every day during the month of July. Especially with prior notice. Please contact John Gonthier for more information and scheduling. 435-640-3978
Dittel KRT2 disfunction by okko kloosterman
Last week, after a few months of proper functioning, the new KRT2 radio I have installed this spring suddenly stopped transmitting. Pressing the PTT button makes it send a carrier wave, but without any modulation. The receiving section is OK, though. Anyone run into the same problem? Any hints...