What has become of Gliding International? by 2G
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue,...
Today 05:37 AM
by 2G Go to last post
3 74 Soaring
What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not? by Bojack J4
After the definitive spanking these two new models gave to the previously dominant ASG-29, there has to be a superiority. So, what is it? (And yes, the pilot matters...but look at the results in 18m Worlds competition)
by 2G Go to last post
55 356 Soaring
World-Wide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange by John Leibacher
Unfortunately, there are some issues with the primary site (soaringweb.org, and the mirror sites soaring.geichhorn.com, soaring.guenther-eichhorn.com, and soaring.gahsys.com), so their content may not be up-to-date, with a restoration of service probably not before the end of August ;-( However,...
Today 05:01 AM
by 2G Go to last post
1 9 Soaring
Flarm unit performance to OGN Ground station issue. by Glidingstuff[_2_]
Hi all I am wondering if any RF/Flarm wizards can help me. This is beyond my area of expertise/pay grade. I am having huge issues with a Flarm unit I installed in a parachute operation's drop plane here in New Zealand. Its a Cessna 185 and the unit is installed with 3 external aerials for Flarm...
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
14 30 Soaring
Bobcat /Supercat by [email protected]
On Monday, April 3, 2000 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Tom Cummings wrote: There is a forum/list developed recently for the Bobcat and Supercat airplane. It is created for those interested in the little plane and who like to build from plans. View http://www.delphi.com/supercat1/start/ if interested in...
14 8,388 Home Built
Used Parachutes by John Huthmaker
Thank you to everyone who provided their insight on the "Do I, dont I" get an emergency parachute. Hopefully this thread doesnt open another can of worms. Can anyone provide some web links of places I may be able to procure a used parachute? Also, what is a fair price for a parachute at 5 years...
Today 01:18 AM
by AS Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
Update on the September issue by [email protected]
HI Gliding Enthusiast Our September issue will be mailed next week. New subscriptions/renewals are through www.glidinginternational.com First Aircraft Skinned with Graphene This is a dramatic ‘new' for aviation. We have told you all previously that it was coming. We thought ...
Today 12:38 AM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
Grob Gasket for 103 Twin II Acro by Charlie Papa[_2_]
IIRC, the rubber gasket seal around the cockpit is a Volkswagon part. Can someone give me the part number, or correct my recollection? The G 103 owned by Youth Flight Canada Education Fund has a torn gasket that needs replacing. Any info appreciated...
Yesterday 11:03 PM
by Charlie Papa[_2_] Go to last post
0 15 Soaring
ESA Western Workshop Labor Day weekend by [email protected]
Here is schedule - all are welcome. Janice Hagen Armstrong 38th Annual Experimental Soaring Association Western Workshop - 2018 Friday afternoon August 31-Monday September 3, 2018 (Labor Day Weekend) Mountain Valley Airport (L94), Tehachapi, California
15M/Open Class Nats, Uvalde, Contest Day 5 by [email protected]
Mark Keene: If you liked yesterday ,you’re going to love today. Winds less than 10 knot, but around this area will be slow, slight inversion. Once on course, on task, better conditions. No sea breeze, 101 degrees and blue. John Lubon. 100 degree band in the south. Tasking will head to the...
Again! by [email protected]
The FAA has just informed us that northern NJ will once again be blessed with the weekend golfing presence of President Trump. Lucky us. This means that for the last eight weekends, we have had ONE weekend when we were allowed to fly. Last year Trump's favored golf club in Florida opened for the...
Follow Perlan flights live by danlj
http://www.perlanproject.cloud/VirtualCockpit.html Flying now, probably Thursday; not Wednesday.
Yesterday 04:37 PM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
6 51 Soaring
China opened 93 new general aviation airports in the first half of this year by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/GA-Expands-In-China-231385-1.html GA Expands In China MARY GRADY Authorities in China opened 93 new general aviation airports in the first half of this year, Xinhua reported this week, bringing the total number of GA airports nationwide to 173. The country...
Yesterday 04:12 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 18 Piloting
FAA Reauthorization Bill Back In Play by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/FAA-Reauthorization-Bill-Back-In-Play-231386-1.html FAA Reauthorization Bill Back In Play By Mary Grady , Contributing editor | August 15, 2018 With Congress back in session this week, the fight over FAA reauthorization has resumed. Thirty-three GA...
Yesterday 04:12 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 12 Piloting