Search: Posts made by: Capt. Wes B.
Forum: General Aviation May 24th 12, 03:17 AM
Posted By Capt. Wes B.
Capt. Wes B. Aircraft Reviews

Having flown a variety of aircraft over the years, I never pass up the opportunity to try a new plane out; regardless if it is a heavy jet, or a small two seat general aviation aircraft.

The...
Forum: Piloting May 22nd 12, 05:34 AM
Posted By Capt. Wes B.
I agree with the other comments. It would/should...

I agree with the other comments. It would/should count as a cross country flight of a total distance of 144.5 NM and a total time of: 1.6 hrs-If I remember correctly (I don't have a FAR AIM right in...
Forum: Simulators May 21st 12, 06:17 AM
Posted By Capt. Wes B.
ASA Instrument Simulator vs X-Plane vs Microsoft Flight Simulator

So besides from the obvious major price differences, have you tried any of them? What's your take on them? I actually own all three... I will admit that one is way more fun to use then the others. Of...
Forum: Piloting May 21st 12, 06:10 AM
Posted By Capt. Wes B.
Would you fly more if airplanes cost $10/hr wet to rent? Could it ever happen?

So, I have noticed how restricting the cost of flying is. It freaks me out, and even makes me angry when I talk to people who passingly state that they had a pilots license but it was just to...
Forum: Owning May 21st 12, 05:56 AM
Posted By Capt. Wes B.
Yes, that is a fantastic statement.. As the...

Yes, that is a fantastic statement.. As the saying: "goes garbage in garbage out." The airplane only does what you ask/program it to do; nothing more, nothing less. BTW would you like to sell your...
Forum: General Aviation May 21st 12, 05:50 AM
Posted By Capt. Wes B.
It depends to on what you are looking to do....

It depends to on what you are looking to do. Familiarize yourself with aviation, prep for the written test, or learn the basic maneuvers. I think for preparing for the knowledge test Gleims is great....