Search: Posts made by: John[_9_]
Forum: Owning February 26th 11, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Cessna 150

On Jan 16, 6:28*pm, cjacorona
wrote:
Hey Cessna 150 owners i just got my 150 last spring and this is the
first winter im flying it, the problem is it's so...
Forum: Owning January 13th 11, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
ELT mounting; NTSB

On Jan 10, 11:05*pm, David Lesher wrote:
The NTSB is concerned about ELT mountings. This came out of the
Ted Stevens crash.

I'd have thought the ELT would have a integral...
Forum: Owning November 9th 10, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Which plane for Canada to Europe?

On Oct 26, 6:45*am, fakeout wrote:
Does anyone here know which planes you could choose if you wanted to fly
with 4 passengers and luggage from Canada to...
Forum: Naval Aviation October 17th 10, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Posted By John[_9_]
Top Gun 2

On Oct 15, 4:22*pm, wrote:
"If you suddenly, inexplicably feel the need for
speed, the urge to belt out "You've Lost That
Loving Feeling" in a bar... or the strange...
Forum: Owning September 23rd 10, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Tomahawk, a good buy?

On Sep 12, 10:46*am, "Terry" wrote:
"Chrisdt" wrote in message

I recently saw...
Forum: Naval Aviation September 3rd 10, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By John[_9_]
Push-Pull propeller combinations.

On Sep 2, 10:08*am, Eunometic wrote:
Several aircraft have been built with both a pull (or tractor)
propeller and a push (or rear) propeller aligned with each other.

Forum: Home Built August 23rd 10, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By John[_9_]
Antique 3 cyl 4 stroke radial engine used in an aircraft circa 1930s?

On Aug 19, 2:53*am, "Bob Murray" wrote:
There was a Lenape "Papoose", even found on some early Cubs.

Szekely?
Forum: Restoration February 27th 10, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.restoration
Posted By John[_9_]
Fiesler F 2 Tiger Plans?

I am interested in the Fiesler F 2 Tiger. This was a single seat
taper wing biplane powered by a Walter Pollux II 450 HP engine.
Gehard Fiesler used it in winning the first World...
Forum: Owning November 14th 09, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Repair of wet wing leak

On Nov 8, 8:23*pm, "Jon Woellhaf" wrote:
Do any of you have experience repairing a slight, but annoying, leak in a
wet wing tank? Mine's on a 1980 182Q.

The basic...
Forum: Owning November 14th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Grumman AA5 series....facts versus fiction question

On Nov 11, 12:37*pm, pgonzalez52 wrote:
Hi folks,

I was in the process of purchasing an AA-5A cheetah this week and
spoke with the owner about it. Pictures looked good...
Forum: Home Built November 11th 09, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By John[_9_]
Fixing up the Airpath Compass.

On Nov 8, 11:14*am, brian whatcott wrote:
The Airpath compass is meant to work in a fluid
filled chamber.
A bubble is an annoyance. A leak leaves you with a
trembling...
Forum: Home Built November 6th 09, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By John[_9_]
part number

On Nov 5, 3:50*am, Philippe wrote:
Hello,

* who knows the Cessna 150 propeller extension part number
* * *(SAE1 patern, length around 2", engine O200)

thanks
Forum: Piloting November 2nd 09, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John[_9_]
Cessna 150 annual costs

On Oct 10, 2:08*pm, Anonymous Pilot wrote:
I'm, posting anonymous as I don't want identify the maintenance shop
involved.

I own a later model Cessna 150. *My last few...
Forum: Owning October 15th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
REPLACE GO-300 ENGINE WITH O-300 ENGINE IN CESSNA 175

On Oct 12, 7:39*pm, nucleus wrote:
Has anyone here done this?

I am considering the acquisition of a C175a with a runout engine
and replacing the engine with an O-300...
Forum: Owning September 6th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Autolite plugs fini.

On Sep 4, 7:45*pm, wrote:
John wrote:
I just heard from one of my suppliers that all orders for Autolite
plugs have been cancelled by the...
Forum: Owning September 5th 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Autolite plugs fini.

I just heard from one of my suppliers that all orders for Autolite
plugs have been cancelled by the maker and there will be no more.
Forum: Owning May 15th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Piper Parts Master Cross Reference

There used to be a master cross reference list of piper parts. Is it
still available? An internet search turns up only dead links.
Forum: Owning April 16th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Aircraft Recovery Dolly

I need to acquire a dolly capable of recovering a typical general
aviation aircraft with a flat tire.
I would like something that I can just place the flat tire wheel
assembly onto without removing...
Forum: Owning April 4th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Placement of State Registration Stickers?

Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers? Do you peel them off every year? Do you paste them on in
rows like fighter plane kill markings? My favorite is the owner...
Forum: Owning February 2nd 09, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
David V Goliath ? How much do box cutters cost now ? can Chinameet demand ? or can you make your own for 20 cents ??

On Jan 4, 2:37*am, kangarooistan8 wrote:

snip too much drivel

Just like an Arab, bringing a knife to a gun fight!

John Dupre'
Forum: Home Built December 1st 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By John[_9_]
Pretensioning cables

On Nov 18, 12:33*pm, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Anyone have a good method for pretensioning cables. There has been some
issues of late with 601Xl control cables getting...
Forum: Home Built November 11th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By John[_9_]
What about this Red Bull air racing, does anyone like it?

On Nov 6, 5:48*pm, Sliker wrote:
I've watched it, but just can't seem to get interested in it. Am *I
alone, or is it mainly targeted for the non-pilot types?
I enjoy...
Forum: Owning October 17th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Anyone doing a recovering project?

On Oct 12, 11:51*am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

Forum: Home Built October 17th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John[_9_]
Anyone doing a recovering project?

On Oct 12, 11:51*am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

Forum: Home Built September 16th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By John[_9_]
Identifying Rivets and Rivet Sets?

On Sep 14, 8:46*am, Michael Horowitz wrote:
A friend presents me with an assortment of rivets and a shrug of his
shoulders, so I'm attempting to determine what I have.

An...