Caution -- InReach Explorer Dead by [email protected]
Saturday I updated the software in my InReach Explorer, topped off the battery after winter storage, and reactivated my account. I sent a test message, and Yesterday I took my first flight of the year. Before takeoff I turned on the device, started tracking, and shared my flight with my wife. ...
OUDIE by [email protected]
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas? GLEN
Yesterday 07:12 PM
by kirk.stant Go to last post
1 12 Soaring
Oxygen Cart Picture Needed (Glider) by OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Does anyone have a picture of an oxygen cart that is in use around a gliderport? I am giving a speech TONIGHT (April 23) on glider oxygen systems and would like to include a picture of such. I want to emphasize the idea of the "low" pressure tank initial fill followed by the topping off from...
Yesterday 06:54 PM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
2 14 Soaring
DG-100 Headrest by [email protected]
Hi Folks, I'm trying to get comfortable in a DG-100 that currently has no headrest, and am finding that my neck gets sore quite quickly without one. I'm 6'3 and am very reclined in the cockpit (I have to be to fit). I'm using a national backpack chute. I'm aware that the early DG-200s with the 2...
Shower sectors and thistles in LK8000 by Mark Williams
Does anyone know if it's possible to define a TP with a shower sector and also to have a thistle TP (Barrel with an FAI sector) in a task in LK8000? XCSoar allows it, but I can't see the option anywhere in LK which is a shame as otherwise I much prefer it over XCSoar.
Yesterday 03:08 PM
by Mark Williams Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
Roof Rack for bikes on a cobra clamshell top? by Matt Herron Jr.
I have searched discussions on bike racks and trailers. I tend not to like the trailer hitch extension solution as stability is compromised, as well as access to the car or trailer hatches. Has anyone installed a traditional roof rack on top of a fiberglass Cobra trailer? Looking to support one...
by xcnick Go to last post
30 297 Soaring
International Gliding Commission by [email protected]
Here's a debatable subject few appreciate. For the second time in five years, the I.G.C. Bureau has been unable to find a worthy recipient to be awarded the Lilienthal Medal, Gliding's highest award. The Bureau has only 90,000 pilots/officials to select a recipient from. ( ? ? ?)
Yesterday 07:02 AM