Message From Katie by Bob Youngblood
Yesterday morning I received a message from one of our club members which I found to be inspirational and moving. Katie, simply texted me saying that she was headed south on 95 instead of north toward the gliderport and instead of flying she was taking her first round of chemo. She asked me to...
Today 06:52 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
Dick Padgett passed away by FZ[_2_]
Our dear friend Dick Padgett passed away last night, June 22. Dick was a war hero as a B-17 pilot in WWII, and in civilian life loved to fly, teach and tow. He represented many of the great things we love about aviation - professionalism, joy, sharing, teaching and making everyone feel that they...
Today 06:25 AM
by FZ[_2_] Go to last post
7 40 Soaring
Hobbs 2019 18M/Open Class Nats. Day 5 6/24/2019 by [email protected]
A little slower start, mix of blue and cu. 14000 ft. tops. Less wind than yesterday and slight chance of showers to the east. Expected 1st launch 12:15 Primary 3:45 TAT Muleshoe with 20 mi. radius Andrews with 20 mi. radius Denton Gas with 10 mi. radius 306 miles min: 212 mi. Max: 403 posted...
Today 04:32 AM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
2 27 Soaring
Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp? by [email protected]
I worked at sky life for a summer of 1986 or 1987. I worked the hobby shop and also co-taught Sailing with Bud (I think that was his name). I do remember that we had a Rhodes 17 sailboat for us while the campers used 2 man "tub" sailboats (all blue with one that was light blue). The most...
7 6,769 General Aviation
Pawnee auxiliary oil cooler STC -- need info. by RV 6 Driver
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added in 1965. The owner of the STC was Memphis Aero Corp and is apparently out of business. I am needing the installation instructions for this. Does anyone within the...
Yesterday 08:40 PM
by Jj Go to last post
3 26 Soaring
Need help testing new SN10 firmware by Dave Nadler
Ideally with an SN10 connected to PowerFLARM with IGC license. Contact me offline if you're able to test in next couple weeks, Thanks, Best Regards, Dave
Standard Cirrus for sale by Rick Hackett
Schempp-Hirth Standard Cirrus s/n 356G for sale. Gel coat in excellent condition. No major damage history, just a few scrapes and bruises that you might expect in a 45 year old ship. This is a great ship for the money. Fun to fly and climbs like a dream. All ADs complied with. Hydraulic brake...
Yesterday 02:38 PM
by Rick Hackett Go to last post
3 85 Soaring
Newbie Help by Joel Flamenbaum[_2_]
Made my first flight in my very old LS3a - first flight in over 13 years - just like riding a bicycle. Problem-- cannot connect my new lxnav Nano4 to my Win PC - When I try to download flight the Nano tries to connect to my PC but then my WiFi disconnects cannot seem to load both at same time - so...