Forum: Soaring July 11th 18, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Top Hat Question (XCSoar?)

Thank you. That was a big help. I actually have two screens running and want to fix one on cruise.
Forum: Soaring July 10th 18, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Top Hat Question (XCSoar?)

Yes I agree. I with your request Chip. I have a second question. Is there a way to fix the screen on cruise? If there is I cant find it. The only choice I can find is setting "auto zoom" to "manual"...
Forum: Soaring March 14th 18, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Russia 5M tire and tube?

If the tire on the 5m is the same as the 4c, then you can you use a 126 tire and tube from desser. The original tire is hard as a rock with zero pressure.
Forum: Soaring June 24th 17, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

I use a Nexus 2013 7 inch. Its best with polarized sunglasses. Otherwise there is a reflection. I have also used a moto g3 which also worked great.
Forum: Soaring October 6th 14, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Running Top Hat on Kobo mini

I also use a kobo mini with tophat. I sent off for a 3d printed case with a compartment for an internal mounted gps. I am very happy with it. I used it all summer. Here are the instructions i...
Forum: Soaring July 31st 14, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Type of logbook entry required

Read 43.1b

(b) This part does not apply to--

(1) Any aircraft for which the FAA has issued an experimental certificate, unless the FAA has previously issued a different kind of airworthiness...