FES underpowered for 18m ship? by Mana
I just had a chat with a fellow pilot whose friend sold his LAK 17b FES because he was disappointed by the ability of the FES to gain altitude. The problem being that when applying sufficient power to gain altitude, the battery would get warm to the point where the controller shuts the motor down....
SSA Sailplane Tracker by AS
Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional. Uli
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
18 604 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Some time in the next few days, US deaths from Covid-19 will exceed 200,000. That's in about 7.5 months since the first death reported in early February. --Bob K.
by Steve Bralla Go to last post
23 85 Soaring
Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
by kevin anderson Go to last post
52 156 Soaring
Dust cover choices by [email protected]
I am looking for dust covers. My 15 m glider spends all of its off-duty hours in my hangar, but since this is New Mexico (i.e., a desert) it collects dust and I would like to keep it covered, especially over the winter when I do not fly as much. Jaxida and Cloud Dancers offer dust covers, but the...
Today 10:50 AM
by Daryl Burton Go to last post
4 28 Soaring
Any AC-4/5 “Russia” owners out there? by Jim M[_2_]
I’m a new owner looking for some tips and tricks. Here’s a couple of questions for starters: -What breaks first, and how do I fix it before that happens? -Is there an easy way to replace the main wheel/brake with something better? -I have two pitot sources, why? Thanks! Jim
Today 04:29 AM
by Jim M[_2_] Go to last post